Make a donation

Author Topic: Any Recruitment Consultants?  (Read 729 times)

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Any Recruitment Consultants?
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:19:49 pm »
Hello team,

Just wondering if we have any Recruitment Consultants on board?  I've got a meeting tomorrow with a firm based in South Yorkshire with a potential career prospect.

Just wondering what peoples views and experiences are with this? A good friend of my Dad is always rabbiting on about how good yet hard it is, however, he is a consultant  :grin: :grin:. An unbiased opinion would be nice.  :party:

Cheers,

Nick

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Re: Any Recruitment Consultants?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »
I am constantly hounded by these people.  They are no better than double glazing salesmen.  If you're in an industry / professtion thats in demand they chase you.  If you're not they are not interested in doing hard work to find you a job.  They will (badly) look up a list of their available jobs (that have been placed with their agency) and see if you might fit.  If you have engineer in your job title that means you will get calls for any type of engineering job, be that civil, drilling, pipeline, mechanical, analsysis....  I can't imagine they are any better with other areas of work. 

They make commission of every scalp they get so they're not interested in what you want / need except to tell you enough to get you interested in moving so they make money.

If you're in demand its easy enough to find your own job.  If you're not these guys won't go out of their way to help you as there is nothing in it for them.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 12:36:46 pm »
These guys have a job to do and they are the reason that I got my job in Singapore (10 years back), I did my 1 year contract and enjoyed it and after 12 months they offered me another 12 months (with a 7k pay rise and were pushing me to sign for another 12 months), so I approached the company I was working for directly and they gave me a £10K pay rise (it saved them £3k too in agency fees) did my 12 months then left and was glad to be back and yes getting me on board made the agency nearly £6K in commission in that first year (Nothing in the second year tho  :happy2:)

My ex GF is a recruitment consultant in the Oil industry and she was 22 and earning over £100K PA, if your a good looking girl you can pretty much charm any man to take a job, higher pay or otherwise  :happy2:

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 02:14:25 pm »
I am constantly hounded by these people.

Ditto. The best bit is none of them understand the line of work I am in, nor do any of them seem to know the meaning of the word "no".

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 02:24:42 pm »
i have had a lot of dealing with this people in the property industry, like any form of industry there are good and bad, there are what i call professionals who have a detailed understanding of the sector and there are the 'double glazing types'.

in reality in the last three years some have opened doors that i simply couldn't without there clout, i've done well out of them they do well out of me but i i can count on one hand the number i deal with