Make a donation

Author Topic: Tdi 170 headlight washer?!!!  (Read 549 times)

Offline james550213

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Tdi 170 headlight washer?!!!
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:29:56 pm »
Seena 57reg golf for sale on autotrader, great spec just what I want. Its up north near Newcastle and am thinking of doing the 320mile trip on saturday. Its a private seller so phoned him up and asked for a few details. It needs cambelt doing (69k miles, 5 years old this year), and also injector recall, but it says in the advert that it has full vw history, is this something I could check with my local dealer? Also looking at the picture on autotrader I noticed its got headlight washers (cut outs on the bumper trim), I thought they were only standard with xenon's? Or could it be a winter pack? I'm not sure, could I check what the factory spec was with the dealer? Reg no. NG57YTO if anyone out there could find anything out,

Many thanks JAMES

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: Tdi 170 headlight washer?!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:37:47 pm »
Yes you can ring your local dealer and check the history of the car to make sure it tallies up. I did this when I bought mine. Ask him for dates and mileages then cross reference what he's told you with VW.

As for the headlight washers, the car may have been specced with the winter pack which will include heated washer jets and heated seats but not with xenons.