Make a donation

Author Topic: Colour code for GTI Monzas  (Read 648 times)

Offline jimk04

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Colour code for GTI Monzas
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:48:06 pm »
Im going to do a 'ghetto fix' on my Monzas as I am pretty competent with rattle cans! :ashamed: I cant afford a proper refurb and anything will look better than the kurb rash I have now.

What colour do people recommend....?

I bought a can of tetroseal trade wheel paint (rattle can) and tried a sample but it is far too any icy blue shade....it needs to be warmer to match the OE shade.

A mate in the paint trade suggested Ford Moondust Silver..... :confused:

Any feedback appreciated

Milltek tbe, Forge intercooler, AMD map, Eibach Sportlines, Porsche 996 over AMG 330mm homegrown BBK

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Colour code for GTI Monzas
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:55:19 pm »
Have you thought about going down the Anthracite route, colour suits the GTi and seems to be an 'in' colour at the moment.

Offline jimk04

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:18 pm »
Fair comment mate but no, I'm afraid I am getting a bit traditionalist in my old age! :happy2:

Milltek tbe, Forge intercooler, AMD map, Eibach Sportlines, Porsche 996 over AMG 330mm homegrown BBK

Offline jimk04

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »
Quick re cap - perhaps my initial post wasnt clear that I want the factory colour.

Also to IANV5 - I think Anthracite looks good on BBS or TD 1.2 but not on Monzas for some reason :confused:! Something to do with the thick spokes?