Make a donation

Author Topic: Free loft and cavity wall insulation  (Read 9184 times)

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
Free loft and cavity wall insulation
« on: May 17, 2012, 10:08:11 am »
Just booked for a surveyor to come round ahead of British gas fitting loft and cavity wall insulation. 

details are on link below, from what i have read the big 6 energy companies have a budget agreed with government to do this work and people have been slow to take it up.  If you not a BG customer check with your supplier on there website. Always good to save money.  :happy2:

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/energy-saving/home-insulation/free-insulation.html?bgxlink_id=iymbii10132
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: Free loft and cavity wall insulation
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:13:47 am »

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:17:56 am »
I had my cavity walls done a few weeks back :happy2:

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:38:35 am »
It should make a real difference. The house is like a fookin' sauna all year round.  :rolleye:

2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 10:41:36 am »
 :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 10:49:34 am »
British Gas to boobs in 4 posts!!  :grin: :happy2:

Long Live Mk5GolfGTI.co.uk  :evilgrin:

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 11:08:21 am »
had this done 1 year ago in my bungalow,    has given damp problems! :sad1:    Apprealeny due to the voids, so they need to drill another load of holes in my wall  :fighting:

wish i never got it done!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 11:16:52 am »
NPower only do it for free if you are over 70 or on benefits. :(

Saintsteve

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 12:27:04 pm »
Just booked for a surveyor to come round ahead of British gas fitting loft and cavity wall insulation. 

details are on link below, from what i have read the big 6 energy companies have a budget agreed with government to do this work and people have been slow to take it up.  If you not a BG customer check with your supplier on there website. Always good to save money.  :happy2:

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/energy-saving/home-insulation/free-insulation.html?bgxlink_id=iymbii10132

Had all this done as well last year, and today I'm having 16 solar panels wired up again F.O.C as well.

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 04:11:44 pm »

Had all this done as well last year, and today I'm having 16 solar panels wired up again F.O.C as well.

How does this affect you if you decide to move? Ive heard some stories about mortgage lenders not lending on properties with solar panels which dont belong to you? In effect you are leasing your roof space to the owners of the panels.

Saintsteve

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 04:25:44 pm »

How does this affect you if you decide to move? Ive heard some stories about mortgage lenders not lending on properties with solar panels which dont belong to you? In effect you are leasing your roof space to the owners of the panels.

where have you heard?? Can u be more specific mark? We have no plans to move house mate so won't effect us.We have too many bedrooms as it is not in use :laugh:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 04:33:05 pm »

where have you heard?? Can u be more specific mark? We have no plans to move house mate so won't effect us.We have too many bedrooms as it is not in use :laugh:
Might be worth checking online and asking the question of the company installing them as obviously they are investing money in the SP's and there maybe clauses. Im sure I heard it on the radio that mortgage lenders were not going to lend against properties with these types of agreements as the company effectively has rights over your property. If you are buying them out right there are no issues. Just check for your own piece of mind as I think the agreements are good for 25 years...a lot can change in that time! :happy2:

Saintsteve

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 04:41:19 pm »

Might be worth checking online and asking the question of the company installing them as obviously they are investing money in the SP's and there maybe clauses. Im sure I heard it on the radio that mortgage lenders were not going to lend against properties with these types of agreements as the company effectively has rights over your property. If you are buying them out right there are no issues. Just check for your own piece of mind as I think the agreements are good for 25 years...a lot can change in that time! :happy2:

According to my written terms and cons. we are the landlord, and Freetricity are the tenants, so I'm guessing what normally happens if the Landlord isn't happy with a Tenant.... I'm reading it currently.. :happy2:

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 04:42:18 pm »
^^^^^  I have wondered on this point as we looked at a couple of houses to buy which had got panels installed.  I asked one estate agent for details as we liked the house but i just got a blank look and the i'll ask the owners.  never heard any more and we found somewhere we liked more.

Also what happen if you have to remove the panels to repair the roof, do you have to pay the company for loss of income whilst the panels are not generating electricity?  I know this is not very likely but i always like to have every eventuality covered.
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Saintsteve

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 05:02:57 pm »
^^^^^  I have wondered on this point as we looked at a couple of houses to buy which had got panels installed.  I asked one estate agent for details as we liked the house but i just got a blank look and the i'll ask the owners.  never heard any more and we found somewhere we liked more.

Also what happen if you have to remove the panels to repair the roof, do you have to pay the company for loss of income whilst the panels are not generating electricity?  I know this is not very likely but i always like to have every eventuality covered.

In answer to your question Chris, "the tenant will at it's own expense make good any damage it causes to the landlords property when it installs, reinstalls,maintains, or removes the panels.