Make a donation

Author Topic: Upgrade DV!!??  (Read 13698 times)

Offline stubert

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Upgrade DV!!??
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 09:46:37 am »
Your car is never going to break down completely because of it.

You'll notice a loss in boos pressure (if you have a gauge), if not, then a loss in power.

Also a drop in MPG is noticeable.

I have a revision G on order from VW at the moment as i, also, have seen no evidence of it ever having been changed.  Besides, for the sake of £35, i'd class it as a consumable and check it with my servicing every year and replace it necessary.

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:40 am »

I had a G in my stage 2 ed30 and swapped it out for a D on the word of others experience with increased boost pressure.

So are we now saying that G is better than D?
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 01:26:59 pm »
Postman managed to break my DV before it even arrived :sad1:

Managed to get a full refund  :jumpmove:

Phoned my local VW dealer and new 'G' version will be ready for collection tomorrow morning :happy2:

So plenty of older versions out there if anyone wants one , also said he could get me a 'D' version.

Happy Days

Offline clive_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 02:55:01 pm »
I'm just back from my local VW dealer and ordered a revision G DV @ £30+VAT

Revision D version is £45+VAT in case anyone is interested.

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 05:53:39 pm »
Got a G today from TPS - £33.26 inc VAT.

Comparing it side by side with the Rev D, they seem physically identical aside from the piston / seals. i.e. you could physically swap the moving components.

Rev G seems the same as my old rev c, asides from the plastic shroud that looks to limit the radial expansion of the rubber seal. Shame the orange seal can't be bought seperately.

Changing my rev d for a rev g has seemingly reduced spool time, added no apparent benefit to mid-range, but improved top end. Suggests to me my rev d was allowing some recirculation and causing the turbo to struggle slightly to meet the requested inlet pressure at a higher engine speeds.

Offline Fletch..gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 09:01:44 pm »
Anyone got the part number for rev G please

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »
Anyone got the part number for rev G please

06H 145 710 G

see page 1 :happy2:

Offline Fletch..gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 10:11:53 pm »
Cheers been on the wine , but still don't know how I missed that lol

Type_R

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 08:52:55 am »
Just a quick question. In terms of accessing the valve - last one I had changed was done by a mechanic who had access to putting the car up in the air.

I am about to install a Forge twintake AIK to my car and thinking I should change my valve at the same time. Is it possible to change from the top end rather than from beneath the car?

spankydan

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 09:07:20 am »
Just a quick question. In terms of accessing the valve - last one I had changed was done by a mechanic who had access to putting the car up in the air.

I am about to install a Forge twintake AIK to my car and thinking I should change my valve at the same time. Is it possible to change from the top end rather than from beneath the car?

Have a look on the Forge website for the fitting onstructions for their kits, i believe (i'm a noob to these TFSI/FSI's) that on the ED30 you can as it is a front mounted valve.

GTI's (as per what you have) are different.

Type_R

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2012, 09:12:49 am »
Thanks, I have had a look at their website. As you say I think the location varies depending on engine. My AXX its located at the bottom somewhere.

Ill see if I can reach it once I have taken the air intake pipe off at the top!

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2012, 09:20:48 am »
Thanks, I have had a look at their website. As you say I think the location varies depending on engine. My AXX its located at the bottom somewhere.

Fitting my G today. My Golf is a 2005 and the valve is located on the drivers side of the engine near the bottom. You need to remove the wheel arch liner to get access to it. Car will need jacking up and use AXLE stands for support!

It is awkward to get too and is held on with three bolts which will need screwthread when you put bolts back in to stop them coming loose!

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2012, 09:45:33 am »

Fitting my G today. My Golf is a 2005 and the valve is located on the drivers side of the engine near the bottom. You need to remove the wheel arch liner to get access to it. Car will need jacking up and use AXLE stands for support!

It is awkward to get too and is held on with three bolts which will need screwthread when you put bolts back in to stop them coming loose!

It's easier than that on a K03. If you've not got a full length undertray you can get to the valve directly from the underside and it's a 5 minute job.