Make a donation

Author Topic: N/s/r door not opening  (Read 2051 times)

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
N/s/r door not opening
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:44:40 pm »
Hi people of wisdom lol,can any one tell me how i can get my rear door on a 5 door car too open,when you plip the car it makes the sound as if it has opend twice if you understand what i mean(clicking noise twice) lol. the stealers have said that they might have too brake the inside door panel off to gain access to the locking mechanism (dont think soooo matey) heres hoping that someone  will come up with a better solution on here. thank you in advance. :happy2:

Dougie

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: N/s/r door not opening
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:47:36 pm »
Known issue on some cars. Locking mechanism goes. Apparently £40 from stealers. There's a walkthrough on here.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »
Known issue on some cars. Locking mechanism goes. Apparently £40 from stealers. There's a walkthrough on here.

IIRC the dealers charge about £230 to do this  :sad1:

NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:35:44 am »
Holy Sh#t,£230 not sure why im suprised at that,the car was booked in for an m.o.t and this is when the door came too light,as they had to stop the m.o.t as the door would not open.only problem is m.o.t out end of month not a lot of time typical lol,anyway thanks for your info guys :happy2:

Dougie

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:46:52 am »
TBH its not a bad job to do yourself. the outer door skin comes of with a few bolts and you can get at everything once its off. I did the passenger front a while ago and the module cost me just over £100. The rear passenger door  keeps throwing a fault but I got a second hand module off ebay for £30.

The hardest part is getting the door to open so if you go down the DIY route make sure you have all the parts ready because once the door is open do not shut it again otherwise you will be back to square one.

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:17 am »
Matto how did you manage to get the door opened without damage?i take it once the outer skin is off then it will open easyer or not lol thanks

Dougie :happy2:

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 12:17:58 pm »
The problem here is you can't take the outer skin off until you get the door open. How I did it was to repeatedly bang the outside of the the door with the bottom of your fist (firmly, but not too hard). Then wind the window down and while you keep pressing unlock on your fob, keep trying to open the door with the interior/exterior handles. Just keep repeating this and keep everything crossed. It did take me about 10 mins of this to get it open.

This is what the front door looked like with the skin off to give you an idea:

And the guide I used for removing the door skin ----> http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2984471

Once your in its pretty self explanatory on changing the module.

Hope this helps.

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 11:22:32 am »
Result car back from the stealers door fixed under warrenty(dont know how they wanggled that)but hey ho,only down side to it all was i had to get the door check and part of the sill repainted to fix the damage from them forcing the door open,small price to pay i suppose for a saving of over £240