Make a donation

Author Topic: So glad I joined this forum  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
So glad I joined this forum
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:43:10 am »
Had my gti for 4 weeks now and something just didn't feel right with the performance of the car.

I bought a bluefin from JKM last week and it still didn't feel right.

After searching on here I found out that the divertor valve is prone to splitting the diaphragm so bought one to try.

I have just fitted the latest revision valve and WOW what a difference it has made to my car, it torque steers and the TC light flashes going into 3rd gear, I can feel the turbo boosting now and can hear it dumping through my pipercross panel filter. And feels so much quicker.

My original valve fell to pieces when I removed it and the rubber had a massive split in it

Only problem now I's that I have to get used to the car all over again now

Now everything in the car is good and time for modding now!
Not looking for more speed going to be an exhaust first then onto the handling components of the car

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: So glad I joined this forum
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:46:14 am »
this forum is by far the best i've come across. the collective knowledge and spirit is 2nd to none

i found this website looking for a brake upgrade for my car. i bought DaveB's NQS BBK. this website has also put me in touch with W8 Performance, R-Tech and Blueflame, and products from those companies have convinced me that my car will be the best it can be when it's finished. i wouldn't have come across any of those companies without this place, and my knowledge and understanding of my engine/car would be nothing without this place either.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 01:18:08 pm »
I'm very surprised your torque steers matey  :driver:- mine is fine even with a stage 1map   :happy2:

It may be worth getting your alignment setup  :sad1:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 01:21:47 pm »
I agree with all the above, brilliant forum and the knowledge this place has puts alot of other forums to shame.  :notworthy:

The only thing I could say against the forum is that my wallet has taken a serious beating now I'm sliding down the slippery slope  :signLOL:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 02:10:10 pm »
This forum is good at spending your money

R32UK

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 02:29:13 pm »
I was sat in VW earlier today and found a copy of volkswagen mag on the table. Inside the owner of a blue rocco was singing praises of this site... so Im guessing it was someone that used to have a mk5.

on another note... how do you check this Diverter Valve??? I am convinced my car is too slow  :sad1:

Saintsteve

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 02:52:40 pm »
I'm very surprised your torque steers matey  :driver:- mine is fine even with a stage 1map   :happy2:

It may be worth getting your alignment setup  :sad1:

the power of Bluefin mate  :signLOL:

mine goes like a steam train, even at stage 1 it does fight somewhat on the wheel as the ESP keeps trying to straighten you up and back the power off. mine is now stage 2 but is an Ed30 so has more power.

To the O.P.
Turn off the ESP and feel the difference further still  :wink:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bn7n3t52nde351opmqr1fpsnp5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 03:10:19 pm »
R32UK. I did a how to in the "how to" section.

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 03:23:34 pm »
I was sat in VW earlier today and found a copy of volkswagen mag on the table. Inside the owner of a blue rocco was singing praises of this site... so Im guessing it was someone that used to have a mk5.

on another note... how do you check this Diverter Valve??? I am convinced my car is too slow  :sad1:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44709.0.html
 :smiley:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 04:16:25 pm »
I'm very surprised your torque steers matey  :driver:- mine is fine even with a stage 1map   :happy2:

It may be worth getting your alignment setup  :sad1:

the power of Bluefin mate  :signLOL:

mine goes like a steam train, even at stage 1 it does fight somewhat on the wheel as the ESP keeps trying to straighten you up and back the power off. mine is now stage 2 but is an Ed30 so has more power.

To the O.P.
Turn off the ESP and feel the difference further still  :wink:

Haha am I right in thinking the OP's is a K03??

The mk5 shouldn't torque steer though unless it has about 400nm of torque  :driver: I've had dyno readings between 270 & 311lbft of torque and mine is straight & true when I bury the loud pedal in 1st & 2nd with hands off the wheel  :happy2:

Do you mean your fighting the wheel because the wheels are spinning Steve? ESP kicks in when the wheels are spinning (makes mine move about a bit in the wet). Torque steer is where the tyres are gripping and the torque is finding the easiest path to the road (pulling the shortest drive shaft) and making the car steer it's self
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:25:08 pm by GrayMK5GTI »

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 04:31:47 pm »
Mine is a k03

And yeah I'm fighting the wheel in 2nd and 3rd gear as the TC is kicking in on hard acceleration,

I can let go of the wheel at a steady speed and the car will stay straight just under hard acceleration it needs held straight

Saintsteve

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 04:58:54 pm »
Mine is a k03

And yeah I'm fighting the wheel in 2nd and 3rd gear as the TC is kicking in on hard acceleration,

I can let go of the wheel at a steady speed and the car will stay straight just under hard acceleration it needs held straight

this^^

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 05:21:43 pm »
Mine is a k03

this^^

If its holding fairly straight then that's normal. Well worth watching Jeremy Clarkson drive the astra VXR on Top Gear - now that is some serious Torque Steer  :driver:

Skip to 2mins 50secs:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:24:30 pm by GrayMK5GTI »