Make a donation

Author Topic: Another exhaust question......  (Read 1526 times)

Offline hoova

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Another exhaust question......
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:36:19 am »
Good morning all,
I know the topics been done to death and yes I have used the search function but I have some queries on  the sound levels of the different milltek variations. Is a decat non res much louder than a non with sport cat? I really want a tbe but a friend has decatted on his edition 30 and I find it obnoxiously loud.....
Is a tbe resonated louder than standard?
Thanks in advance.....oh and it's for a Pirelli edition

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: Another exhaust question......
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:08:53 pm »
Im currently running a milly 3"d/p with 200 cell sp/cat,mated to the lovely sounding vwr cat back system,which for the record is the same system as millteck tbe only the back suitcase back box is a lot slimmer than milly's so not to be seen below the rear bumper.imoa its awesome no motorway drone atall not much louder than ome, untill you hit the loud pedal then ... better than sex lol :jumpmove: you wont be dissapointed hoova imo the best tbe for the golf,but then again it is a milly after all lol,hope this helps

Dougie :happy2:

Offline hoova

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:13:24 pm »
Thanks! You're a star! Going to book it in for next tues along with a remap  :happy2:

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:40:27 pm »
I have had all variations if the milltek. 200cel with res cat back, 200 cell with non res, 100 cell res,100cell non res, decat res , decat non res. Imo 200cel res cat back is not much louder than stock and just didn't do it for me. 100 cell didnt make that much difference in sound although non res did sound meatier. I then went decat non res, it sounded pure  :evilgrin: especially when going through tunnels, just too loud on the motorway. In the end i went with decat resonated, perfect imo. Meaty and ripe when you want it to be and nice and quiet when you dont.

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:43:25 pm »
imoa its awesome no motorway drone atall not much louder than ome, untill you hit the loud pedal then ... better than sex lol :jumpmove:
Dougie :happy2:

Not sure your doing it right then buddy  :grin:

Offline hoova

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:43 pm »
Lol! Have to agree there......saying that my M3 through a tunnel is sexual.......mmmm straight six at 8000 revs....

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 11:16:04 am »
tt-turbo suppose i asked for that lmao,but think i got the point across, golf = millteck non res tbe :drool:

Dougie :laugh: