Make a donation

Author Topic: Door control module  (Read 5369 times)

Offline AlanEdition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Door control module
« on: May 22, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »
My car went into dealers today for a MOT and Dsg service. They have just called to say there is a fault with the door control module, as the drivers side window wont work (up or down). Anyone had this problem before? ive done a search but found nothing relating exactly to the problem.

Its a £316 part, but they have said they will goodwill 40%, to bring it down to £189   :indifferent:

Anyone had the same problem? 

Offline seckles

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Door control module
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 03:45:05 pm »
You can have my old one from when I swapped it over for one that did power folding mirrors for £50 plus postage if you like? It's from at 57 reg 5dr ED30. I can get you the part no. later if you want.

PM me if you are interested

Steve
Tornado Red ED30 5Dr. Xenons, RNS510, MFSW, Rear Parking Sensors, Folding mirrors+ambient lighting, Rear Tints, Highline, Arm rest+iPod Prep

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:00:58 pm »
I think my door control module is on the way out, its not effecting the windows but the deadlocks.  I spotted it when I noticed a different flash pattern for the door led.

Not happy to hear it costs £300+

Offline AlanEdition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:11:07 pm »
Yeah i must admit for the last few months occasionally i would return to the car and the little red led is sometimes on instead of flashing, is this another symptom of a faulty door control module?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:18:33 pm by AlanEdition30 »

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:17:42 am »
when locking the door the led flashes quickly for 2-3 seconds before staying constantly on 20 secs before returning to its normal intermittent flag pattern.  I believe the fault is displayed by the led staying constantly on.

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:19:55 pm »
@holepunch, as recommended to alanedition30, get your door wiring harnes checked

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/wiring-harness-vw-jetta-repair.htm

MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline holepunch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:25:23 pm »
Thanks for this, I'll take a look this weekend.  Fingers crossed its just a broken wire as I also think my high pressure switch on the AC is on its way out! More ££££

@holepunch, as recommended to alanedition30, get your door wiring harnes checked

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/wiring-harness-vw-jetta-repair.htm

Offline AlanEdition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 10:18:14 am »
Yeah as Apples12 said, definitely get the door wiring harness checked. Thanks to Apples12's link, it turned out i didnt need a new door control module just a new door wiring harness, saved me some money  :drinking: