Make a donation

Author Topic: Smooth gear changes from 1st to 2nd?  (Read 1556 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Smooth gear changes from 1st to 2nd?
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:15:43 am »
Hi chaps, not sure if it is just me being a remtard but i always find the change from 1st to 2nd gear to be not quite as smooth as i would like and feel that i would lose quite a lot of time between this change if was going down the strip.

is there an optimum rev range to make this change for fast, smooth acceleration eg 3.5k-5k??

I have the forge shortshifter fited which i find to be great when shifting from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th.

And before those with DSG reply I know what your solution is!

Ta.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline reflex11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Smooth gear changes from 1st to 2nd?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:20:07 am »
1 and second on a these cars has always been sloppy, maybe try some new gearbox oil or you could fiddle around with the shift linkage see if it improves anything

also aftermarket engine mounts and lower engine dogmount could also make benefits

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: Smooth gear changes from 1st to 2nd?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:23:14 am »
1 and second on a these cars has always been sloppy, maybe try some new gearbox oil or you could fiddle around with the shift linkage see if it improves anything

also aftermarket engine mounts and lower engine dogmount could also make benefits

hi, i have full set of THS mounts. Gearbox oil has not been changed though as far as I know so will get that done next service.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1