Make a donation

Author Topic: Tutts of dorking? anyone?  (Read 1427 times)

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Tutts of dorking? anyone?
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »
http://www.tuttsofdorking.co.uk/blueflame-exhausts/

Hey, looking at getting a blue flame or millteck fitted very soon, i was wondering if anyone had used this company before?
they do what seems like a great deal to me - with exhaust and redo remap.. tempted to get it all at once. even though i have been swayed away from revo remaps because of the price.

also a quick side note question.. the stage 1 remap is the same as the DSG stage 1 remap right?

Thanks,

Sam.

Offline synchronize

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Tutts of dorking? anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 03:46:00 pm »
Hi mate, I used them a couple of times when I had my (HMS) Mk3 GTi. The problem was they kept 'finding' things wrong with the car that it hadn't gone in for and before I knew it I needed a bank loan to pay them... They also fitted 2 new front tyres and told me they had done the tracking / alignment (which I paid for) but soon after, the tyres were bare on the inside edges. Good to their word, they did however replace the tyres for free. This was going back 5 years so things might be better... Family run company btw

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:49:41 pm »
http://www.tuttsofdorking.co.uk/blueflame-exhausts/

Hey, looking at getting a blue flame or millteck fitted very soon, i was wondering if anyone had used this company before?
they do what seems like a great deal to me - with exhaust and redo remap.. tempted to get it all at once. even though i have been swayed away from revo remaps because of the price.

also a quick side note question.. the stage 1 remap is the same as the DSG stage 1 remap right?

Thanks,

Sam.

no the Stage 1 remap will be an ecu (i.e. engine) remap, whereas the Stage 1 DSG remap will be a remap of the gearbox - more aggressive and quicker shifting, higher rev limit, removal of torque limiter etc.

for Stage 1 you shouldn't really need a DSG remap.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:02:46 pm »
Syncronize -  brilliant, exactly the info i was looking for.. seeing as i only want the exhaust done I'm sure i won't get them checking over my whole car! just hope i get a warranty with the welding. i guess ill ask them about that!

you local to there?

SUB39H - Cool thanks for clearing that up!  :happy2:

Offline synchronize

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 04:42:27 pm »
No worries. I work in Dorking, but live in Woking...

After all their positive feedback I took my car to R-Tech about a year ago for a stage 1. Couldn't be happier with the results.

The cat back exhaust probably wont give you any performance gains at all, just a better sound - someone may want to correct me here...

If you can stretch to it I'd personally go with a turbo back system - with an upgraded cold air intake you can then probably go to stage 2   :laugh:

Edit: The reason I'm saying turbo back, is that the price on the tutts website is for cat back only

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »
ah cool, i go woking quite often to the skatepark there.

yeah, i was going to get the blue flame and the go to r-tech i think.. custom remap sounds perfect!

I've been weighing the cat back and the out and can't come up with a conclusion, the the will be over £1k I'm guessing and as a young driver i wonder how much difference the insurance would be between the 2!

are you happy with blue flame? or did you go millteck?

Offline synchronize

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 05:10:45 pm »
ah cool, i go woking quite often to the skatepark there.

yeah, i was going to get the blue flame and the go to r-tech i think.. custom remap sounds perfect!

I've been weighing the cat back and the out and can't come up with a conclusion, the the will be over £1k I'm guessing and as a young driver i wonder how much difference the insurance would be between the 2!

are you happy with blue flame? or did you go millteck?

I'm still running the standard exhaust  :ashamed:

I will replace it for a Blueflame when this one dies... Heard nothing but good things about them

My insurance went up £50 for the year with remap and CAI. Might be worth giving them a call before you do it to get an idea on price increase.

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 05:19:28 pm »
ah £50 is no big thing at all with what I'm paying haha, I'm with admiral so will give them a ring before i do anything for sure! are you with a special insurance or just a standard big name business?

cheers for the help btw mate!

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 05:56:50 pm »
My dad has used them for years for His Vauxhall Omega, and Carlton previously. Reckons there good, family run company.
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html