Make a donation

Author Topic: ARB question (I know, I know)  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Sammy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: ARB question (I know, I know)
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 01:53:53 pm »
ok well I've had the front ARB on for about 5 days now and its a big thumbs up from me :happy2: its a 2 way adjustable one and its set on medium (stiff created too much understaeer). The car feels so much more planted around the bends, so much in fact that I'm having to learn a slightly different driving style.

I know that people are a little wary about FARBs as they induce understeer but I've not experianced any so far, fair enough the pointy turn in that was there beforehand (with just a RARB) has gone a little bit but the flat/balanced cornering far outweighs the old intial turn in bight.

The only down side is that I can carry so much more speed into and through corners that in some circumstances you find yourself backing off a bit as it could be a bit unsafe. I'm at Bedford autodrome in 2 wks so fingers crossed this will transfer into more fun on the track :wink:

Sounds great but shoudnt the ARBS make you feel much safer in the bends to enable you to go more confidently?
GTI MK5 with all the gooodies

K04 power going on soon!

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: ARB question (I know, I know)
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 07:30:50 pm »
ok well I've had the front ARB on for about 5 days now and its a big thumbs up from me :happy2: its a 2 way adjustable one and its set on medium (stiff created too much understaeer). The car feels so much more planted around the bends, so much in fact that I'm having to learn a slightly different driving style.

I know that people are a little wary about FARBs as they induce understeer but I've not experianced any so far, fair enough the pointy turn in that was there beforehand (with just a RARB) has gone a little bit but the flat/balanced cornering far outweighs the old intial turn in bight.

The only down side is that I can carry so much more speed into and through corners that in some circumstances you find yourself backing off a bit as it could be a bit unsafe. I'm at Bedford autodrome in 2 wks so fingers crossed this will transfer into more fun on the track :wink:

Sounds great but shoudnt the ARBS make you feel much safer in the bends to enable you to go more confidently?

yeah thats the problem, it feels very safe in the bends, hence I take them a bit qwk'r. Its what might be around the bend that means I back off a bit

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs