Make a donation

Author Topic: System to rich at idle  (Read 3256 times)

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
System to rich at idle
« on: May 24, 2012, 04:39:15 pm »
Engine management light came on a few weeks back and throws the error "system to rich @ idle"

I'm running stage 1 revo and currently in the process with my garage of fault finding. We have tried removing the battery to force a reset of revo but no luck. Also changed the sensor at the top of the engine cover after the filter but again same error.

My mechanic has now mentioned getting the injectors looked at to see if the spray patterns are correct.

Just after some feed back on here as I'm desperate to get this resolved as my car feels sluggish and I know it's not running as should be.

Thanks

Saintsteve

Re: System to rich at idle
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 04:48:30 pm »
You need to get the car back to stock to see if fault persists. don't start pulling injectors out as its more then likely Revo's map causing it.

if it now feels sluggish is because the car will be in valet mode or Stock equivalent that Revo write for your ecu.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:50:25 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ngangvhroba6l6jbl8h7p8mti7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 05:02:34 pm »
I bet the wrong map has been loaded on. This is a very common problem with a certain REVO stage 1 map version for the ed30 and S3 lump.

Call REVO headquarters and they will be able to tell you what map has been installed, and if its the correct one or not.

I had this exact issue with my stage 1 REVO.

Rich

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 05:14:00 pm »
Yep, its a typical Revo error, had this a few times with revo maps, I very much doubt there is anything wrong with your car, just phone Revo and get the correct file for your car, just loading the latest revision doesnt work all the time either mind, so dont let whoever supplied the file fob you off with that story :happy2:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 06:13:33 pm »
I bet the wrong map has been loaded on. This is a very common problem with a certain REVO stage 1 map version for the ed30 and S3 lump.

Call REVO headquarters and they will be able to tell you what map has been installed, and if its the correct one or not.

I had this exact issue with my stage 1 REVO.

Rich

It wont be the 'wrong map' but there is a certain software version that does throw this fault code up on some cars. Revo have a software update that eliminates the problem. Odd thing is that some cars suffer from it, others dont. Update shoud be free as well (we certainly wouldnt charge, only takes 15 mins.)

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ngangvhroba6l6jbl8h7p8mti7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:58 pm »
Wrong map 'version' then... Same story ;-)

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 06:23:53 pm »
Spose so rich, but 'wrong map' could cause the OP some concern, it also makes it sound like the installer has done something wrong.

Saintsteve

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 06:48:40 pm »
Rich, you should know, it's never Revo's problem  :wink: it's the cars fault  :signLOL:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 09:24:04 pm »
I have thought it may be the map. I am going to a different tuner this time as i found out that there is a revo dealer which is more local for me.

If i call revo HQ then will they send me the correct file & then i take it to the new tuner?

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 09:36:21 pm »
no, the tuner will be sent the file. the new tuner may not do the upgrade for free mind you due to the way revo dealers work.
speak to Revo first, see what they say :wink:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 09:40:11 pm »
Thanks..

Would i need to speak to the new tuner to make them aware first as i have never had contact, just found out that they are close

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:04 pm »
Rich, you should know, it's never Revo's problem  :wink: it's the cars fault  :signLOL:

Except they know about this one and know its their fault. ;-)