Make a donation

Author Topic: An expensive morning !  (Read 1465 times)

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
An expensive morning !
« on: May 26, 2012, 02:24:02 pm »
Hey folks

Went to my local dealers this morning to get a few things checked out , came back with a rather impressive list of faults !
Got them all done today however , did knock a whole in my wallet though !
The details of which are as follows ( direct copy from vw invoice )

"replaced os rear lower front arm"
"replaced os wheel bearing"
"replaced ns wheel bearing"

Took it there at 9 am thinking it would only be an hour or 2.....1 PM rolls round and my wallet is a damn lot lighter !
Took there time by the sounds of it but can't fault the level of work and putting up with my pestering lol

John
'04 GT TDI 140 | Remapped | Cold Air Intake | WALK | TBE

MPS

Re: An expensive morning !
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:56:17 pm »
....and that's what you get when you go to a stealers. Did they try and scare you into buying some new overpriced tyres too?

Offline RobboGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:58:19 pm »
How much did it cost to change a wheel bearing coz I really need to get mine done :(

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 09:17:40 pm »
....and that's what you get when you go to a stealers. Did they try and scare you into buying some new overpriced tyres too?

It was to be expected when going to a stealers i know , but i was happy with the workmanship and the service i received.

How much did it cost to change a wheel bearing coz I really need to get mine done :(

£95 for each bearing , and 1.5 hours of labour at £69/per hour

Thank my lucky stars for payday is all i can say !

Next on my list is a cambelt and water pump change...stealers quote £419 for this...any recommendations on anywhere cheaper ? Would be after a "while i wait" type service in the Telford / Shrewsbury / Wolverhampton area
'04 GT TDI 140 | Remapped | Cold Air Intake | WALK | TBE

Offline Superted74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 09:59:38 pm »
Rear wheel bearing for mine cost me just over 200 quid from the stealers!!! They said it comes in a cartridge or something which is why they're so expensive :scared:

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »
Mine goes in to Western VW Edinburgh tomorrow for Service , MOT , wheel refurb , new wiper blades all round , 4 x wheel centrecaps (whiteworm)  and a new boot handle (whiteworm) , plus I noticed yesterday that the two parts of the cold air feed have broken away from each other and that will need sorted too. Obviously there could be more expense to get through the MOT as well.....  :confused:
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 11:45:00 pm »

:signLOL:

Got the cambelt/waterpump and 4 year major service (as well as a fair few other bits) done on my ED30 last week, if that didn't cost enough they TOLD me I needed 2 new front tyres!! Only had new tyres all round 3 months ago!! Give em' in inch......... little rascals those VW dealers stealers.
  :laugh:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~