Make a donation

Author Topic: Help needed from anyone with VCDS near Chorley/Preston or thereabouts  (Read 1330 times)

Offline GTImike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
  • Back in a Golf - Mk7 R
    • Email
Help needed guys, I fitted some MFSW buttons to the DSG Steering Wheel on my 58 plate Eddy yesterday but they don't seem to be working. I assumed that they would be plug and play on my motor but they look like they will need coding. The DSG paddles are connected through them/working fine and the new buttons light up but no joy with any other functions. They did also seem to send my MFD menu settings haywire for a short time yesterday such as auto lock and window closure on the fob but thats sorted itself back out.

From what I've researched, they are the pre 2007 buttons if that make's any diff?  :stupid:

I'd really appreciate it some one nearby could plug it in and sort. I live near Chorley/Preston but am regularly up and down the M61 corridor going back to family/friends in Manchester/Bolton areas.

Please PM if you can help. Thanks

Mike

2008/58 Tornado Red Edition 30 (No. 1853) 5dr DSG - Gone but never forgotten
2017/66 Tornado Red Golf R 5D - Lasted 6 months before being sold on
Still have a TFSI in the family - 2009/59 Audi S3 8P facelift Stage 2 tuned
Oh and a Mk1 Golf GTI cabriolet

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
I'm in Liverpool but could meet somewhere.

However, i'm not too sure whats up/how i could cure the problem, i wasn't aware they ever needed coding. All the ones i have done in the past have worked fine when you plug them in. I'd happy take a look though.

PM if you still need help mate.  :smiley:
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline GTImike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Back in a Golf - Mk7 R
    • Email
Cheers mate,

Yes that's what I thought, that they would just be plug and play?

I did get a little black box with the buttons, which has a part number TRW 61657351 stamped on it. It looked identical in shape to the one in my wheel so I'll try swapping that over and see if there's any joy with that.

Mike

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Ahh yeah change that to the one you got with the MF buttons, it should work.

Lemme know. :)
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
I can help with a cable - but I'm not sure my understanding of VCDS is good enough to sort the problem :scared:...............however, If someone could post some ideas I'm happy to see what we can do

You have a PM :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:48:19 pm by Eccie »

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
I can help with a cable - but I'm not sure my understanding of VCDS is good enough to sort the problem :scared:...............however, If someone could post some ideas I'm happy to see what we can do

You have a PM :happy2:
I'm near Preston and work in leyland and happy to help. As above I've been using vcds on my own car for various mods but not a pro.

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline GTImike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Back in a Golf - Mk7 R
    • Email
Cheers for the responses fellas,

I've just been out and changed the steering wheel control module to the one supplied with the buttons and no difference - same part code stamped into the housing.

I can't access the convenience menu now via the wiper stalk either (usually holding the up button on end of stalk for 3 secs) but I noticed that this played up on saturday as well when I first added the MFSW buttons, it let me use the stalk to amend the clock but then wouldn't let me access the MFA display after this. Just wondering if there are any other button sequences that I'm going to need to press to activate the buttons?

I'm going to PM a couple of guys who have retro fitted the buttons to edition 30's to see if there is anything that I am missing?

Offline GTImike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Back in a Golf - Mk7 R
    • Email
Also just to add, I have an RNS 510 Sat Nav and have just read that this may cause problems??  :scared: