Make a donation

Author Topic: have my new s3 but confused  (Read 3562 times)

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
have my new s3 but confused
« on: May 27, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »
Just picked up my08 s3 and the guy said when i picked it up it may have been chipped before i bought it or remapped but having only driven this one i dont know. It doesnt seem that quick to me. Ive come from a 288bhp ko3 gti and its NO where near that feeling. Any way i could know?

Thanks
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: have my new s3 but confused
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:14:28 pm »
RR or log the boost...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:20:35 pm »
1. standard car would only have 262 bhp, so he could be lying and you'd be down 26bhp on what you're used to

2. it's heavier

3. more drag through the quattro system

4. K04s have a little more turbo lag, so may be down to that

(5. it's broken)

2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:27:42 pm »
Just picked up my08 s3 and the guy said when i picked it up it may have been chipped before i bought it or remapped but having only driven this one i dont know. It doesnt seem that quick to me. Ive come from a 288bhp ko3 gti and its NO where near that feeling. Any way i could know?

Thanks

Mine also felt slower than my stage 2+ K03 GTi, but you're in for a shock if u take the S3 to stage 2+ especially in the wet where your GTi would be sliding all over the place  :pomppomp:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »
oh im definately doing that jussa. got the hpfp internals arriving tuesday and hopefully the itg by the end of the week, for now im just going to remove the pre cat and get revo software.

i just dont thik it was software. i cant hear the turbo spooling and it doesnt really pull me back so i think he wa talking rubbish but will get revo this week and will know for sur then
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 08:50:46 pm »

couple of pics before i get modding

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 09:30:08 pm »
you should replace your RNS-E with the later version Darren has for sale

you won't regret it  :happy2:
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »

What is the difference?
Which version would I have?
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 10:46:07 pm »

What is the difference?
Which version would I have?

chances are if yours is an MY10+ it'll be the later one (i.e. early facelifts still have the old unit)

the definitive way to tell is if it has a "MEDIA" button instead of a "CD/TV" button then it's the later one.

differences are:

1. higher resolution screen
2. faster processing
3. compatible with AMI (so full iPod track/artist display)
4. compatible with SDHC cards up to 32GB (with no track number limit) 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:12:38 pm by sub39h »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 11:11:15 pm »
Revo????

Get APR dude  :happy2:

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:24:15 am »
Always been a revo man myself and there local to me. One thing i have to say is wow when it comes to launching it. Never felt grip off the mark like it before. Used to alot of wheelspin and not alot else  :signLOL: not really fused about the sat nav either. It works well and for just a few additions i cant warrent the money. Thanks though  :happy2:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 11:10:49 am »
Well thats what i thought (less powerful) and heavy (i have a standard ED30 , but had a bluefin upgrade on it occasionally ) i had always wanted an S3 but looking at my 2007 ED30 (value £12k) and as an example the S3 recently for sale in this for sale section at £20k to spend another £8k for something less entertaining would be madness. Its done more miles than my Ed30 too. I love my ED30 so much  :drool:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 03:34:09 pm »
You can get a decent s3 for 16k these days. Still alot of money especially for me coming from a gti worth 8k. But for me the build quality grip and styling does it for me. Plus soon i will find the money to go stage 2+ and with the grip aswell i will be loving it then

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 04:19:49 pm »
You can get a decent s3 for 16k these days. Still alot of money especially for me coming from a gti worth 8k. But for me the build quality grip and styling does it for me. Plus soon i will find the money to go stage 2+ and with the grip aswell i will be loving it then

The grip is immense, and wait until u launch it at stage 2+  :laugh:

U going to Inters this year?  I could show u a DSG launch  :happy2:

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 10:47:09 pm »
Was thinking about going with vas. The garage i use for revo. If i do that would be awesome mate. Know as soo as i do i will be going stage 2+ lol. Just cnt believe the cars it out pulls off the line even standar. Love it