Make a donation

Author Topic: have my new s3 but confused  (Read 3564 times)

justsean

Re: have my new s3 but confused
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:11:58 pm »
My mate has an S3 stage 2+, only just pulls ahead on the straight from my stage 1 map only ed30 but the launch is just insane....launches from 0 no wheelspin at all and he managed a 3.7s to 60...its ridiculous made me a little less in love with my ed30 :P

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 02:36:27 pm »
My mate has an S3 stage 2+, only just pulls ahead on the straight from my stage 1 map only ed30 but the launch is just insane....launches from 0 no wheelspin at all and he managed a 3.7s to 60...its ridiculous made me a little less in love with my ed30 :P

3.7 secs  :confused:

Was that with nitrous  :signLOL:

DSG or Manual?
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 03:30:06 pm »
Thats what sold it for me as i was thinking about an ed30 but had 280bhp in my golf and for mE its no fun sliding all over the place tryin to pull away. Bigger brakes, immense grip and good tunning potential overcame the power differences. Although with two equally skilled drivers in s3 and ed30 both stage 2+ and i dont think the difference would be that massive would it?
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 03:59:04 pm »
Maybe show you soon :)
Diesel Daily Hack.

justsean

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 10:57:19 am »
The stage 2+ ed30 'should' be faster than stage 2+ S3 when moving due to weight differences and 4WD 'bogging' power on the S3 (although the gen 4 haldex is better at this). In the real world, my stage 1 REVO remap only ed30 is very slightly slower than the stage 2+ s3 when moving - its just the messy launch of the ed30 that would let it down in 1/4 mile times and any racing...

as said above, I find the lack of traction a little annoying particularly when out driving with my mates s3 :P but think im going to do 4 pot brakes and handling improvements on the ed30 rather than going to stage 2+ as I think that would benefit it more for control in corners etc rather than chasing 1/4 mile times on a fwd car :P  will do me for a year or two then hopefully move up to a RS3 or something with decent 4wd system and mod capabilities!!

justsean

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 10:59:56 am »

DSG or Manual?

It was on a slight hill but we had roofbars on (we were on a surfing trip at the time) and me sat in passenger seat with VAGCOM plugged in :P yeah its DSG stage 2+, its insanely fast...was doing 12.1-12.3s 1/4 mile at kirkbride recently!!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 11:27:01 am »
this is almost turning into the quattro vs. FWD debate that were a regular occurence on audi-sport

my only contribution to any sort of debate resembling the above is that Audi's race TT-RS has had the Haldex removed and is FWD with an LSD.

i think on balance the S3 is a better car than the Ed30, but Haldex is not one of the reasons it's better (in fact it's in the "cons" column when i compare the two). i think it's only really necessary when you're going big power (300bhp+) and that the Focus RS demonstrates that there are better solutions.

i wonder what the MQB platform will do to the range, whether Haldex will still be used or a proper 4WD system like the bigger Audis/Phaeton/Bentley Continental etc.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 07:59:53 pm »

DSG or Manual?

It was on a slight hill but we had roofbars on (we were on a surfing trip at the time) and me sat in passenger seat with VAGCOM plugged in :P yeah its DSG stage 2+, its insanely fast...was doing 12.1-12.3s 1/4 mile at kirkbride recently!!

Being on a slight hill would answer the question, and I assume it was a downhill  :signLOL:

I've had the VAG plugged in on mine on a straight and only managed a 4.2, so with a slight downhill I would also probably smash the 4 sec barrier.

Not sure yet on quarter mile times but will be testing it out at Inters  :pomppomp:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

justsean

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 11:19:37 am »
yeh slight downhill :P imagine that accounted for it quite abit!

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 04:54:04 pm »
Whatever it makes at the moment Johnboy, let me be the first to say you have bought a beautiful S3 there mate  :drool:

Few years ago I spent more time in my local Audi dealers looking at S3's, other customers thought I worked there.

I came sooo close to signing on the dotted line, for a Sepang Blue one.

I still think about getting an S3 everytime I see one, but I know hand on heart I'll prob end up getting a polo Gti.  :driver: