Make a donation

Author Topic: Replica & Genuine OEM  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Mertyvw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Replica & Genuine OEM
« on: May 27, 2012, 06:31:57 pm »
Hi all i want to buy some BBS LMS OR CHS but cant work out the difference etween the replica versions and genuine what is the difference ia it better quality for owm products or all the same is it true that repa crack easly. And anyone selling ant wheels of bbs lm or ch?
Black 5 Door TDI with BBS Pescaras, R32 Spoiler, Tints All Round. RCD510,CAN 7NO I aint touching the Engine> Im frightened of power :D

My sig pic is still to big.

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Replica & Genuine OEM
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 06:46:14 pm »
The difference between replicas and genuine are about £1000 lol, yeah its the build quality, weight everything really, some reps look really tacky aswell.

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 06:59:57 pm »
you can get 2nd hand 18" CHs for around £700 if you look hard enough. considering that reps will cost about £400 but will be worthless when you come to sell them, or you spend £700 on CHs which will still be worth what you paid (if they're still in good condition) then it's a false economy getting reps

and as above, they'll disintegrate when you come within 6ft of a pothole, some can be hard to balance properly, the paint finish will be poor and a lot need refurbishing after a year or so AND they weigh more?

i'm sure that there are some reps out there which aren't bad - which look original and are made properly. but you can't tell which are which so i wouldn't take the risk personally

2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »
you can get 2nd hand 18" CHs for around £700 if you look hard enough. considering that reps will cost about £400 but will be worthless when you come to sell them, or you spend £700 on CHs which will still be worth what you paid (if they're still in good condition) then it's a false economy getting reps

and as above, they'll disintegrate when you come within 6ft of a pothole, some can be hard to balance properly, the paint finish will be poor and a lot need refurbishing after a year or so AND they weigh more?

i'm sure that there are some reps out there which aren't bad - which look original and are made properly. but you can't tell which are which so i wouldn't take the risk personally

Cheers for that, been mulling over getting rid of my OEM monza ll's that are in need of a refurb and getting some CH reps, probably just wait until I've the funds to ve them re-done.

Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.