All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Need help urgently.

<< < (2/2)

Peskarik:
The accident was not very serious, the bag did not even go off, speed was about 40kmh. IF there is a crack in the manifold or turbo, that could be serious, no?  :scared:

I went to the VW dealership that repaired my car, they connected it to a computer (is that Vag Com?) and then they said everything is OK. The technician went out for a ride and he said car runs better than original. Maybe it runs better, but it does not run as it used to run before the accident, it does not have that explosive acceleration after 3000rpm.  :sad:

neg:
A boost leak wouldnt always log a fault  - so once again if the "computer says no" the technicians might say there isnt a problem when there is...

Maybe you dont feel it under the stock map as the boost is not as high.

RedRobin:

As I understand it, a small but nonetheless important boost leak won't throw up any fault code but the data logs (laptop attached while running) will show the % effort the turbo is having to make to compensate and that can be an indication of a boost leak if the % is high.

bacillus:
I suspect the technician went for a spin without a laptop attached to the car relying only on his butt dyno.

Peskarik:

--- Quote from: bacillus on November 18, 2008, 06:06:50 pm ---I suspect the technician went for a spin without a laptop attached to the car relying only on his butt dyno.

--- End quote ---
he did...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version