Make a donation

Author Topic: SKY boxes are pooo  (Read 2219 times)

Saintsteve

Re: SKY boxes are pooo
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 06:28:59 pm »
My Amstrad HD box is still going strong after 2 years of use.  :happy2:
They normally are. I've still got 2 pvr sky plus boxes, both 8 years old, and 2 pvr 4 1st gen hd boxes from 2008 when I moved here, and still on my originals .

People automatically think the boxes are at fault, but the initial installation can be cocked up, purely as one example, a bend radius in the CT63  sat cables being too bent or the engineer hitting the cables by accident with his hammer.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:33:19 pm by Saintsteve »

Saintsteve

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 09:29:23 pm »
Ok update 2: box has rebooted and it is still broken.  :laugh:

Awaits the return phone call.  :booty:

Update ??  :popcornsoda:

Or have Sky haven't bothered to ring back...?

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »
I've had the same Sky Digital box since 1998! Never went wrong yet , touch wood. (Think its a Pace one)
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:31 pm »
I feel your pain! We have 3 hd boxes, multiroom and we are forever rebooting it as recordings keep failing and channels blue screening! This applies for 2 out of the 3 and the third now and again cuts off, absolutely useless and am toying with going to virgin. What's the script with hd and multiroom on virgin does anyone know? Don't think we have the cable in place that's the only thing can this be overcome or not?

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 10:22:30 pm »
I feel your pain! We have 3 hd boxes, multiroom and we are forever rebooting it as recordings keep failing and channels blue screening! This applies for 2 out of the 3 and the third now and again cuts off, absolutely useless and am toying with going to virgin. What's the script with hd and multiroom on virgin does anyone know? Don't think we have the cable in place that's the only thing can this be overcome or not?

If you have a cable point out on the pavement, then VM will run the cable to your house as part of the install. They will work with you to find the best route - no digging up of driveways

If you go for the Premiere collection or higher then you will get a TIVO (pretty much the best STB available in the UK) plus a standard HD STB for a second room, 23 HD channels, 60mb broadband (not some rubbish upto gimmic you get down a phone line) once the broadband upgrade is complete across the country and every channel you receive on the main box is also available on the second box HD included.

However you won't get Sky Atlantic at all, or  Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports 4 or Sky Sports F1 in HD as Sky won't let VM have them - OFCOM had to force Sky to give VM Sky Sport 1 & 2 in HD (only available in the VIP collection)

VM don't have anything like Sky Go at present

My old STB died after 18 months, and was replaced as part of the service - you only rent the boxes, you don't buy them

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 10:30:44 pm »

Correct they never bothered or forgot to ring back. Bloody dish and cable have caused the nice lady to forget.  :wink:

Suppose i shall have to go through the whole process again in the morning.  :booty:

Offline KipVR

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 11:01:09 pm »
Having had virgin for the past few years, i had to change to sky when we moved house, it is so poop compared. Sky is expensive, broadband slow, no movies on demand, customer services are terrible, I would switch back in an instant if I had the choice.

Saintsteve

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 07:20:27 am »

Correct they never bothered or forgot to ring back. Bloody dish and cable have caused the nice lady to forget.  :wink:

Suppose i shall have to go through the whole process again in the morning.  :booty:

Ask for cancelations dept TC. In will be one  in England for starters. tell them exactly what's happened, if you've had 13 boxes now, they will arrange someone like myself to put it right and give the engineer the correct allotted time to fix. they will arrange compensation for your viewing issues.

you shouldn't have to threaten to quit, but this day and age you have to before they will jump.

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 06:44:03 pm »

Ask for cancelations dept TC. In will be one  in England for starters. tell them exactly what's happened, if you've had 13 boxes now, they will arrange someone like myself to put it right and give the engineer the correct allotted time to fix. they will arrange compensation for your viewing issues.

you shouldn't have to threaten to quit, but this day and age you have to before they will jump.

I threatened to quit when they wanted to charge me £149+£15 p+p for the 1TB box, i got it for free in the end, just paid £15 for p+p  :happy2: