Make a donation

Author Topic: Intermitant power loss with no fault codes!  (Read 1563 times)

Offline wallybanger

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Intermitant power loss with no fault codes!
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:51:19 am »
 :sick: Looking some help finding out what is wrong with my GTI goes fine most of the time but then driving along it just loses power and wont rev over 4400 revs and at idle revs really slow but then if you turn the car off and start it again the problem clears and all is normal !Is the throttle pedal common to fail? are there any fueling issues that would cause this ! its frustrating to say the least! any help would be great! :happy2:

Offline Aas

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Intermitant power loss with no fault codes!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:26:00 pm »
Similar to my recent fault which at first didn't bring up the light on the dash,

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47695.0.html

Offline wallybanger

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:36:22 am »
Quick update! New can follower and diverter valve still the same problem! What else could it be ? Car goes 100% untill the power loss! Help me pleaseeeee :-(

Offline -blade-

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Members Rides
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 06:32:12 pm »
you need to get it plugged in and have the codes read (you can have fault codes without your CEL coming on) as sounds like you are going into limp mode which could be for any of numerous reasons. im sure someone more knowledgable will come along but im pretty sure all will say the same - get the thing to a vagcom and see what it says

mine does the same very infrequently, no CEL comes on, but when read vagcom says overboost. in my case i have a grand plan to rectify (change the remap completely) which needs a few extra mods before i go for it.
'05GTI FSI Tornado Red | Leather | 18"BBS | lowered on Coilovers | TorqueTronix @260BHP | ITG intake | Forge DV | SS Downpipe | SS De-cat | Carbon Grille | HID's | Team Heko Deflectors | Ducted Fog Covers |

Offline Dan.b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email