Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello problems with RCD510  (Read 1265 times)

Offline da_ansa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hello problems with RCD510
« on: May 22, 2012, 01:00:58 pm »
Hello just after some sound advice i have an 05 plater GTI with the orginal rcd300 i was thinking of purchasing an rcd510 today as i cant afford the RNS as of yet. Ive seen alot of people talk about CAN gateways? and about battery drain. I was wandering what a can gateway is? and also how likely i would be affected by battery drain as i mainly see it on threads about the RNS510

Many thanks

Offline da_ansa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Hello problems with RCD510
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:10:34 pm »
anyone?

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:09:12 pm »
Hiya

I have just fitted a RCD510 to my 05 plate GTI. The canbus needs to be updated as it will keep the stero "turned on" when u have the keys out of the ignition. Speak to Eddie-NL as he sells them and will code it for you much cheaper then VW. He has supplied mine, very quick delivery and easy to fit. Dont forget you will need an aerial, got mine off ebay for £12.

:happy2:
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • Redditch
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:09:56 pm »
how likely i would be affected by battery drain as i mainly see it on threads about the RNS510
Very likely mate. U need at least "L" Gateway or the new type 7N0
STAGING/NEEDLE SWEEP ON ALL WHITE CLOCKS
LIT NEEDLESS, MILES TO EMPTY
GENUINE CAN GATEWAY - SUPPLY AND FIT
CRUISE CONTROL -  SUPPLY AND FIT ALL VW's
CLOCKS CODING - VW SEAT SKODA UP TO 2014
SCIROCCO CLOCKS CONVERSION

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 04:36:40 pm »
Hiya

I have just fitted a RCD510 to my 05 plate GTI. The canbus needs to be updated as it will keep the stero "turned on" when u have the keys out of the ignition. Speak to Eddie-NL as he sells them and will code it for you much cheaper then VW. He has supplied mine, very quick delivery and easy to fit. Dont forget you will need an aerial, got mine off ebay for £12.

:happy2:

Which aerial did you get? I upgraded from rcd500 and the reception is always poor. I never get stereo reception unless im driving around central London  :confused: Im thinking a possible aerial upgrade
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers