Make a donation

Author Topic: Samsung galaxy S 3  (Read 2917 times)

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Samsung galaxy S 3
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:32:51 pm »
Has anyone here got the new galaxy s3???? My upgrade is due and I'm wondering if I should get one of them, I've currently got an iPhone 4, and am kind of worried I'll hate the galaxy after moving over from an iPhone. 

Has anyone made the swap from an iPhone to a galaxy s3, how have you found it??

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Samsung galaxy S 3
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:37:19 pm »
I recently went from 4s to htc one x which is pretty much the same experience as the s3.  It took me a month of swapping between them but the iPhone was still the phone I couldn't do without. Just does everything that little bit better.  I would suggest you just hold on for the iPhone 5

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:46:19 pm »
I recently went from 4s to htc one x which is pretty much the same experience as the s3.  It took me a month of swapping between them but the iPhone was still the phone I couldn't do without. Just does everything that little bit better.  I would suggest you just hold on for the iPhone 5

Sounds like you went through what I think I'll be like as well. I phoned orange the other day to order the galaxy but changed my mind when I was talking to customer services. The iPhone 5 is months away but should be worth the wait I reckon. I'm going to look at the galaxy tomorrow and will see after that, but I think I'll end up taking your advice and wait for the 5.

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »
Has anyone here got the new galaxy s3???? My upgrade is due and I'm wondering if I should get one of them, I've currently got an iPhone 4, and am kind of worried I'll hate the galaxy after moving over from an iPhone. 

Has anyone made the swap from an iPhone to a galaxy s3, how have you found it??

Hi mate...Back in dec I was due for a upgrade from a 3GS on Vodafone...Upgraded to a samsung galaxy2 but didn't like it so I went back to Vodafone & swapped it for a 4s....but the galaxy3 maybe a different story

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 10:55:38 pm »
Looks like Apple all the way mate

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 10:59:08 pm »
Looks like Apple all the way mate

It does don't it, they just have to hurry up and get the next one out

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 11:48:22 pm »
Once you have used an apple device and you have gotten used to IOS, dont change to another phone OS unless you and technology get on well.

Get a 4s or wait for the 5.

The S3 is an awesome device (currently doing the training material for the guys at work) and it will be my next phone when staff deals are announced. BUT i wouldn't recommend it to a apple user just because they are so different.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 11:58:25 pm »
8 months ago I went from a 3GS to the SII. Pretty decent phone but really i'm just waiting for the iPhone 5.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 12:52:52 am »
I have the HTC one X and love it. I came from a HTC Desire and so I am used to an Android phone. I also have two iPads and love those as well. I can see the lure of Apple, but the HTC 1X simply does everything that the 4S does.....except faster!  An iPhone 5 will have to be a big leap forward in tech to keep up with the current raft of Android phones. For me the bigger screen and better camera are the deal breakers - the iPhone's 3.5" screen is just too small for my ageing eyes!  :sad1:
Golf R gone.

Saintsteve

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 07:22:23 am »
went phone iPhone 3G to Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which is near on the same as the S3, and it's the best thing I ever did. iPhones IMO are very "same old" with a better screen and a gimmick called siri.
I will look at the iPhone 5 if it's any different in the terms of the way it operates. Hopefully not the same, and also that it's built much stronger, and not blow on it and screen breaks. :fighting:

Just my opinion..

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 07:34:12 am »
the HTC 1X simply does everything that the 4S does.....except faster!

How does it phone someone faster? :confused: :evilgrin:

Having looked at the S3 and played about with it, yes it is very slick and has a nice screen (not as good as the 4S IMHO) but its fecking hoooge!! I might as well add a phone function to my iPad and carry that around.

Plus it feels cheap and flimsy. If you looked at it wrong it would probably break :grin:

Having dropped my iPhone a few times and it gets pretty bashed around in work I wouldn't say it had a flimsy screen. It is only used with an incase snapcase kept in an ortlieb waterproof bag like this whilst I'm in work as you can still use all the phone functions through it.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 06:36:29 pm »
I disagree ref the htc doing everything faster.

It might benchmark well with all the power but the apps whether that be Facebook loading, tv catchup starting videos, cineworld etc etc all loaded much faster on my 4s. I think its the whole windows problem, sw written to work with so many different hardware set ups that it's never optimised to utilise the power.  There was simply no time when the one x was a fast as my 4s. And they also looked nicer on the iPhone too.

It's nice for a change but when rogue apps start eating your battery and the only way to fix is a restore it becomes very tiresome very quickly (much faster than the 4S in that respect I will give you)

Offline ali6n2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 08:01:55 pm »
Just got an s3 and must say I'm very impressed. Had an iphone and a nexus before. The build is far from cheap. Very solid and feels fantastic. It's a tad larger than my previous phones but the screen quality makes up for it. Not got round to doing much on it yet but will keep you posted.

Saintsteve

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:22 am »

Just got an s3 and must say I'm very impressed. Had an iphone and a nexus before. The build is far from cheap. Very solid and feels fantastic. It's a tad larger than my previous phones but the screen quality makes up for it. Not got round to doing much on it yet but will keep you posted.

How do you rate it from the Galaxy nexus with ICS to the S3? Is it worth trading up ?

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 05:06:58 pm »
My wife picked up a Galaxy S3 this afternoon and if i am honest it outshines the iPhone 4s. I really hope Apple pull something amazing with IOS6 and the new iPhone, if they don't it could be enough for me to jump ship  :grin:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!