Make a donation

Author Topic: Help me change broadband/phone provider..  (Read 724 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Help me change broadband/phone provider..
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:01:52 pm »
Hi guys, I am quite good at changing energy supplier but have been with BT for the above for years. They charge me between £37-40 per month for unlimited calls on landline up to an hour and I presume unlimited d/ls although I dont d/l that much tbh. This is one monthly outgoing I need to cut to under £20.00 id possible.

So what are your experiences with Orange and Sky? Not keen on TalkTalk, dont know much about Tiscali etc. Do Virgin only do cable?

Many thanks
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline bakili

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Help me change broadband/phone provider..
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:15:26 pm »
I have orange broadband, and its pretty good speed wise in my area, cost me £12 per month. 18 month contract. £22 if with land line free evening and weekend calls
For land line I have Post Office, which is £12.50 per month, no contract/can be cancelled any time, quarterly bills, free evening and weekend calls.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 09:17:56 pm »
I'm with O2, they give you a good deal if you have a mobile contract with them.  Sky is apparently quite good as well, I know the old dear was with BT like yourself and she moved to Sky and saved a bundle   :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 09:30:08 pm »
Just come across Plusnet too - looks interesting as based in Yorkshire and have a 24/7 Yorkshire call centre (can just see them sat there with their big, massive cups of Yorkshire Tea  :smiley:) so am tempted by them as like the idea of getting through to Yorkshire their monthly offer looks like it is £22.98 or £19.48 if you pay some lime rental up front which would only be £233.76 pa which aint bad when prob paying about £470 now!

Anyone with them/been with them?

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:34:08 pm »
I've got my phone line and broadband with orange, i pay £17.50 a month, broadband is good and also get free off peak landline calls, I ain't even got a house phone though, only got a land line for broadband.

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 09:52:06 pm »
I've got my phone line and broadband with orange, i pay £17.50 a month, broadband is good and also get free off peak landline calls, I ain't even got a house phone though, only got a land line for broadband.

yeah heard good things about orange - at the moment they potentially seem cheaper than Sky who offer a cheaper rate to begin with but then put it up to over £27.00  :fighting:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 06:14:06 pm »
I used to do instals and here they are by popularity, orange was a bit odd as the router never turned up until after the instal? all the others on the day or before.
Talk & Tiscali are the same co and they are bringing out a new tv package called youview inconjuction with BBC,C4,BT(replace vision)
Sky
Talk Talk
Bt
Orange
+net

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 12:12:30 pm »

I got the same deal. Renewed recently and got a Smartbox router too. Jury's still out on that though. Doesn't stream youtube very quickly.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.