Make a donation

Author Topic: Test drove a BMW today...  (Read 3793 times)

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Re: Test drove a BMW today...
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 08:09:20 pm »
So is RWD better handling than the Golf for example, in otherwords, let's compare a 2007 320d to a 2005 MK5 Gti and maybe a 2009 MK6 TSI?
Depends how you define handling, rwd is more rewarding, way better feel but obviuosly very difficult, fwd cars are very easy to drive fast, having the rear wheels push a car and let the fronts just steer and brake is how a car should be set up IMO, but would a 320d be as fast around a track as an mk5? No, your 25bhp down with more weight, a 123d mind....... :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 10:41:36 pm »
I would go back to my E46 M3 in a heart beat. Loved that car and miss her big time. I was a fool to get rid of her and so cheaply. My Jetta is a great car and does go very well, just the M was so much better. I also really enjoyed the old 330cd, amazing performance for a diesel.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 10:59:27 pm »
What about in the wet? The snow is kinda irrelevant as I can't drive my Leon in the snow let alone a RWD car  :grin:

But given this country seems to have more rainy days than dry days I take it RWD is just as safe as FWD?

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 11:01:28 pm »
What about in the wet? The snow is kinda irrelevant as I can't drive my Leon in the snow let alone a RWD car  :grin:

But given this country seems to have more rainy days than dry days I take it RWD is just as safe as FWD?
One will put you into the wall facing forward, one backwards :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 08:45:59 am »

One will put you into the wall facing forward, one backwards :signLOL:

:signLOL:

As always comes down to the nut behind the wheel. Injudicious use of the throttle in any car can get you in trouble, wet or dry. The only time my M suprised me was on a dry roundabout a couple of days after I got her before I had some new boots fitted. Having said that, she was very easy to control and did give lot's of warning as to what was going on.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members