Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White GT TDI  (Read 5423 times)

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Candy White GT TDI
« on: June 06, 2012, 04:48:10 pm »
Hi all,

Think I deleted my old thread by accident,

Bought the car like this - Candy White GT TDI 140, 19" Lm reps, tinted windows, lowered on Jamex coilovers.

Heres the pics a few days after I bought it:

I'd always liked the GTI front and the R32 rear so thought I'd get that on the car. Came across the R32 side skirts on eBay and bought those too.

I went down to the CAS sale a few weeks back and picked up a JVC KW-AVX840. I sourced an R32 exhaust on here and it didn't fit, so the seller agreed on a refund and I got a custom cat back exhaust made up at Top Gear in St Albans.

Once I had sourced all of the parts, I went down to Uxbridge Autobody as they did some work on my cousins A6 and the quality was great! Had a word with the owner Khalid and agreed to drop the car there.

We had a few setbacks with problems with the bumper not fitting, which resulted in me ordering a shed loads of extra parts like the GTI slam panel, and GTI cross member bar, but we eventually got there in the end.

Heres some pics of the build:

And the finished result:

I have got to say a massive thanks to Khalid, Hassan and the rest of the team at Uxbridge Autobody for doing an amazing job on the car, I recommend them to anyone looking for custom work on their cars!

Also thanks to Dips for the exhaust advice, Top Gear in St Albans, Saty, Mak, Sonic, Dub Singh and Neil for their help and advice

Heres a list of what I got done:

Custom GTI front bumper with mouldings and number plate recess smoothed.
Custom R32 rear bumper with the upper and lower halfs smoothed to make a one piece bumper.
R32 side skirts.
GTI Headlights.
GTI Foglights.
GTI Slam Panel + GTI Cross Member Bar.
GTI piping colour coded.
GTI splitter painted gloss black.
Interior trim painted Candy White.
Alloy lips refurbed Candy White.
JVC AVX840 Screen fitted and custom facia adapter.
R32 Style Stainless Steel Cat-back exhaust

So the car was finished last May and was only enjoying it for a shortwhile then I had some real bad luck.

Some of you may know that last July my turbo blew. Whilst getting the car looked at by the mechanics, they said there was a possibility that the engine had seized when the turbo blew. I had a warranty on the car, but the company did everything they could to avoid paying out.

In the end, I just kept saving from work and fixed the car myself. Long story short, 11 months later, the car is finally back on the road and I was lucky enough that after more inspection the engine hadn't seized. So I bought a new turbo, intercooler, injectors etc got the GTI lights fitted and finally got the car back last Friday:

I've got some Valeo led rear lights waiting to go on and the car is currently at the bodyshop getting the bonnet smoothed. Looking for a staggered set of wheels to run and thats me done.

Thanks for reading,

Sharif

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
Re: Candy White GT TDI
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:01:11 pm »
Looks good. GTI style headlights make a big difference and pull it all together

Offline Jogon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 09:42:22 pm »
Great looking car pal  :happy2:

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:40:52 am »
The one piece bumper looks great. VW should have done that in the first place!
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline pomsteroonie

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 01:18:14 pm »
Not a fan of the wheels but the front and back bumpers are a touch of pure class.

Offline Action jackson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:35:28 pm »
Love it mate. And glad your back rolling a very nice car

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 02:25:05 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys means a lot  :happy2:

As for the wheels there 50:50, I am trying to find a staggered set of 8s and 9s but not found anything I like or in my price range at the moment. If I can't find any these are going to get refurbed white centres and polished dishes with gold bolts.

Offline Banham

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
  • GTI MK6
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:39:22 pm »
Car looks great, Amazing turn around from what it originally was. Hope the exams are going well  :happy2:

Gazman1011

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 08:15:21 pm »
Car look stunning. Love the colour and look. Glad to more diesels about lok

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 09:51:45 am »
Looks lovely, wish I had got my bumpers done like that when they were painted.

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 08:26:11 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys, cheers Banham.

Thanks man  :)

Went down to DC with a few friends and had a good time. I got a debadged JOM grill fitted and got the bonnet smoothed so the notch has gone, finishes the front end off nicely. A few snaps taken by Raj and Neil, thanks for the pictures guys. 

A few pics of all our cars together:

I ordered some GTI open fog grills on ebay and they arrived today so I just fitted them now:

Will be fitting the Valeo LED rears sometime before inters, If I have time will get the wheels refurbed and going to attempt to unseize the coilovers and drop it more.

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 05:52:31 pm »
These arrived today:

Will be fitting these next week and the RAD sump guard I ordered.

I have noticed that there is a knocking sound when the car is on full lock left or right and sometimes not even on full lock. I noticed it last year before the car went off the road, but since I have got it back, it sounds worse than before. Also when driving there is a kind of squeaking noise coming from the suspension.

I already bought and fitted the ECS subframe spacer plate and that made no difference whatsoever.

Am I right in thinking the top mounts and bushes need to be replaced?

Thanks,

Sharif

Offline Sharif

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 10:58:30 pm »
So fitted the Ap's and got the top mounts changed, car drives so much better now. Knocking noise has gone.

Rears are all the way down and the fronts still have a bit left (need to fit 5mm spacers so its not catching, then i'll drop the front more).

Valeo led's are also on, big thanks to Big Al on the forum for doing the lense swap, awesome job and top guy! Fitted the inners today at Inters.

I also picked up a GTI interior for a bargain price so spent most of yesterday fitting that and shampooing them with the wet sac (still has a few marks so need to go over them again). Has slight bolster wear so will get them trimmed up in the near future:

Pictures:

Rear seats out:

Will wash it tomorrow and take some better pictures.

Thanks,

Sharif

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 12:10:07 am »
NICE...

how easy it it fitting the one piece would love to go down this route... few issues with money and wife not working to over come first... but defo a thought....

Offline Sach_UK

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »
sharif, im a new member on the forum so i cant reply on your Thread for parts, however ive been lurking for some time on here, im after both the coilovers and the grill you have for sale and not to far from enfield, please PM Me, or contact me on 07889506467