Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 349491 times)

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2012, 09:26:08 pm »
Glad you got a good result Matt, where did you have rust on the door skins? Did they replace both the door skins aswell?
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2012, 09:56:16 pm »
It was on the bottom edge towards the wing on both doors so it's had both skins re sprayed

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2012, 10:49:00 pm »
Oh my god I am having the worst time with this. The bodyshop called me today saying that VW will only pay 70%, leaving me to pay £686.49. When I asked why I have to pay anything at all he said I'd have to speak to VW UK.

Spoke to VW UK who told me it's not covered under warranty and so as a goodwill gesture they would pay 70% and no more.

I tried to explain that this is a common problem which many have had repaired for free but they weren't having any of it. The person looking after my case is back in tomorrow so they will call me back tomorrow...

Any suggestions? I feel like I'm getting nowhere  :fighting:

Keep talking to VWUK. It took us 3 months to finally get them to up their offer from 70% to 100% for the wings. We still ended up paying 70% for the repairs to the rust on the tailgate and sills but they don't have a leg to stand on with the wings. By their own admission it is a fault - have you tried referring them to the PDF document in circulation where they admit that it's a known fault? Once we quoted this document to them the complaint seemed to be escalated to a different department.

Good luck.

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2012, 07:33:59 pm »
Just got my car back today with its new wings! It's looking great now, they even valeted it inside and out!  :smiley:
Good to have it back, it was only gone 3 days but I missed it.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2012, 08:52:57 pm »
Oh my god I am having the worst time with this. The bodyshop called me today saying that VW will only pay 70%, leaving me to pay £686.49. When I asked why I have to pay anything at all he said I'd have to speak to VW UK.

Spoke to VW UK who told me it's not covered under warranty and so as a goodwill gesture they would pay 70% and no more.

I tried to explain that this is a common problem which many have had repaired for free but they weren't having any of it. The person looking after my case is back in tomorrow so they will call me back tomorrow...

Any suggestions? I feel like I'm getting nowhere  :fighting:

Keep talking to VWUK. It took us 3 months to finally get them to up their offer from 70% to 100% for the wings. We still ended up paying 70% for the repairs to the rust on the tailgate and sills but they don't have a leg to stand on with the wings. By their own admission it is a fault - have you tried referring them to the PDF document in circulation where they admit that it's a known fault? Once we quoted this document to them the complaint seemed to be escalated to a different department.

Good luck.

Got a call from VW UK today - they have finally agreed to pay 100% towards the new wings and 90% towards the tailgate, horay!  :jumpmove:

Offline Carla77

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2012, 11:53:32 pm »
Excellent news :happy2:

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2012, 03:27:07 pm »

Got a call from VW UK today - they have finally agreed to pay 100% towards the new wings and 90% towards the tailgate, horay!  :jumpmove:

My dealer did say will meet 100% cost (70% VW 30% Customer service) but if new wing fitted that VW would only pay to paint to the edge so if I wanted to spray into the door to match the colour better there would be a small charge to feather it in (about £100) but as there is a mark on the door will probably agree to let them do it.
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline jamadz

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2012, 03:35:04 pm »
a family member had all 4 arches resprayed and the rust cut out on warranty, however they said they could not touch my car as i had changed the wheels :(

R32UK

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2012, 04:04:26 pm »
a family member had all 4 arches resprayed and the rust cut out on warranty, however they said they could not touch my car as i had changed the wheels :(

change them back and visit another dealer  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2012, 07:33:28 pm »

....I would accept that if applying for white worm wheel surface corrosion under warranty but the Volkswagen PDF on the issue states that rust is due to foam sections within the wings collecting moisture etc - That has nothing to do with the wheels and sounds either like someone trying to fob you off or being ignorant (or both!).

If you PM me your email address I'll send you a copy of the PDF, so you have some support in your claim.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline triggerh4ppy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
Re: Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2012, 10:05:02 am »
Went to local dealer this weekend with slight bubbling on front arches. I didn't have to mention any pdf's he was happy to say they will be replaced. He's going to give me a call on Monday to arrange pick up. Although he wanted to charge me for a loan car but I'm happy with the result anyway :D

Offline benjii

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2012, 10:39:17 am »
I just notice I have a small speck of rust and bubbling on my rear arch would this be covered and where can I source the vw PDF

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2012, 10:46:22 am »

Could you tell vw that you had to replace your wheels due to a really bad finish on them causing white worm all over the wheels?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2012, 01:39:40 pm »

I just notice I have a small speck of rust and bubbling on my rear arch would this be covered and where can I source the vw PDF

....Email sent  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jamadz

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2012, 08:17:34 pm »
Cheers red robin :)