Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 349535 times)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #615 on: March 04, 2014, 07:39:38 am »
I'm in the same position, having mine inspected on 24th march and then I guess it's the same wait until vw customer services offer 50% unless they've changed their mind again
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #616 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:11 am »
I was washing my car at the weekend and realised that my passenger side wing has started to bubble  :scared:

From what I can see the driver's side is completely clean and shows absolutely no signs, I guess maybe being the hedge/muddier side when I drive through country lanes on a daily basis must have had a negative effect, not that I don't clean the car regularly (usually fortnightly at most but almost weekly at the moment).

I'm going to ring VW today and see what they say, did you guys start by going through your local dealer or did you go overt their head and straight to VW central?  Not looking forward to another cost on top of my recent expenditure (got the cam belt done yesterday) and I don't think there will be many Graphite Blue wings for sale on Ebay to pick up one second hand.

Gobytibbs

« Reply #617 on: March 04, 2014, 01:49:04 pm »
I went straight to the dealers mate, explained the problem and they were already aware of the process. I was told to come back in 3 days time where a young lady took pictures with her iphone in the wet; you could hardly see anything. The way she was with the car gives me the feeling its a done deal already and I'll be getting the same warranty avoiding excuses. I think it mentioned earlier that it'll cost us about £500 after the 50% discount.

I have however found these if you can fit/remove yourselves and may be able to get some of the cost back selling the old wings if the rust isnt that bad:

http://www.readytofitpanels.co.uk/rtfp_joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=16589&category_id=5401&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=84

Offline Vwgticrazy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #618 on: March 04, 2014, 02:00:57 pm »
I went straight to the dealers mate, explained the problem and they were already aware of the process. I was told to come back in 3 days time where a young lady took pictures with her iphone in the wet; you could hardly see anything. The way she was with the car gives me the feeling its a done deal already and I'll be getting the same warranty avoiding excuses. I think it mentioned earlier that it'll cost us about £500 after the 50% discount.

I have however found these if you can fit/remove yourselves and may be able to get some of the cost back selling the old wings if the rust isnt that bad:

http://www.readytofitpanels.co.uk/rtfp_joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=16589&category_id=5401&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=84

What gets me is ive been offered 75% and my car going in Thursday !and others are having there's done with 100% payment by vw,the inconsistently is a joke

Offline jonnboyy69

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #619 on: March 04, 2014, 02:15:39 pm »
Its an even bigger joke when VW moved the goalposts last year and now only offer 50% on untouched wings....
3dr black 56 GTi, Rcd510 DAB + Blaupunkt sharkfin finally completed.....

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #620 on: March 04, 2014, 02:25:41 pm »
£500 after discount  :scared:

Just spent £400 on a Cam belt and water pump.  Seems like at the moment its a never ending money pit, needs 2 new tyre and an MOT/Tax next month too.  I might have to do some serious shouting or go down that pre-painted panels route, can't be that hard to fit them yourself.

Offline Vwgticrazy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #621 on: March 04, 2014, 02:32:14 pm »
If you want preprinted panels give carpartsexpress a ring top bloke and highly recommended

Offline mvb12

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: March 04, 2014, 02:44:24 pm »
Yup...thats the standard dealer response now.  You can make a claim directly to VW Customer Care, but the likelihood is that you won't get any more

Incorrect, my car is with the stealers now and picked up a courtesy Polo FOC.

Forgot to mention its at no cost to me.

Which dealer is it at mate? What age is your car?

VW Sevenoaks - 07 Plate
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #623 on: March 04, 2014, 02:58:20 pm »
I have had mine expected and awaiting the phonecall. No doubt its going to cost an arm and a leg. As a corporate company you would hope they are consistent in their dealings with their customers and I get the same deal as MVB.

Right, picked her up Saturday just gone. she had been with Sevenoaks for two weeks due to some "issues" in week one as I wasn't happy with it so it stayed for another week.

It was funny seeing my car right at the entrance to the dealership and the staff all know who I was  :grin:

Wings look fab, slight alignment issue on the drivers side but will sort that out. The body shop was closed on Saturday and I couldn't bare driving the Polo again  :laugh:

Anyone going to VW Sevenoaks to sort out the rust issue, just speak to Lee in the bodyshop.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:36:45 pm by mvb12 »

Gobytibbs

« Reply #624 on: March 04, 2014, 04:00:05 pm »
I'm from Ashford so a little drive might save me £500. MVB were there any issues with service history etc?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:01:42 pm by Gobytibbs »

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #625 on: March 04, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »
I'll keep this post updated with my experiences in a couple of weeks as who knows what if anything I will get offered?!? But my passenger side wheel arch is the only place rust is visible so seems to be a theme
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: March 04, 2014, 08:34:33 pm »
I'm from Ashford so a little drive might save me £500. MVB were there any issues with service history etc?

no, mines is FVWSH  :happy2:

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #627 on: March 04, 2014, 09:24:07 pm »
I'll keep this post updated with my experiences in a couple of weeks as who knows what if anything I will get offered?!? But my passenger side wheel arch is the only place rust is visible so seems to be a theme

My guess would be that being road edge/ hedge/ puddle side it takes much more abuse than the drivers side so might be a bit more prone to rusting, mine has the same, nothing on the drivers side but a massive bubble on the passenger.

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #628 on: March 05, 2014, 04:33:30 pm »
Just had a conversation with my local VW (Yeovil) I'm heading down on Saturday and they're going to go through what appears to be the usual routine, taking paint measurements, photos and the details surrounding the age/milage of the car.  On face value the guy I spoke to seemed very helpful and told me exactly what the "fault" generally is and what VW are doing about it so it looks fairly promising at the moment.

Offline Juicetin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #629 on: March 06, 2014, 08:38:53 am »
Keep us posted Dave7692...this is what happened to me...the dealer (in fact 2 dealers) did all of that prep and they referred a claim to VW saying they would do all they could...but VW came back with a 50% goodwill offer. They wouldn't budge, despite me escalating it to Director level at VW.
I am interested to know how you get on.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:40:58 am by Juicetin »