Make a donation

Author Topic: Being followed by the boys in blue  (Read 7866 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Being followed by the boys in blue
« on: June 07, 2012, 12:52:30 pm »
Bit of a strange one this, particularly for a 33 year old father of two, but I've noticed on several occasions recently being followed by police cars whilst out and about, and I'm just wondering why!

The first instance I noticed a police car signalling to turn right onto the main round I was travelling down. After I passed them they changed direction and followed me for 4 miles before swinging round a roundabout and going in the direction they came. I thought it was very unusual, particularly as there are many junctions and roundabouts to be negotiated on the route I took. Then this morning I followed a police car for about half a mile which then pulled in, let me past then proceeded to follow me, again for 3 - 4 miles before seemingly turning round.

Has anyone else noticed this?

p.s I don't want this to turn in a slagging thread, I know there is a probably a perfectly understandable reason for this behaviour.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Re: Being followed by the boys in blue
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »
If you worried, you could go to your local cop-shop and ask if there's anything untoward registered on the car... bought it recently?

I'm sure it's just a case they see the car and expect you to drive madly...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 12:55:46 pm »
Could be coincidence.

Or maybe a GTI of similar colour to yours has been involved in a crime in the local area so they follow you whilst they are running some checks. Then you come up clean so they get on with what they were doing in the first place.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »
I get followed on a regular basis, as a 39 year old father of 2 I wouldn't expect it it, however I am glad for the interest because one day they may be following a barryboy who has stolen my car!

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 01:18:06 pm »
Just checking that the vehicle is not showing as stolen and that it has tax etc on ANPR. I think you should be pleased I guess.

I used to get pulled loads in my 205 Gti when I worked night shifts, the response was "just checking where you were going in a nice quick car like this at this time of night"
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:18:28 pm »
I get followed on a regular basis, as a 39 year old father of 2 I wouldn't expect it it, however I am glad for the interest because one day they may be following a barryboy who has stolen my car!

Yeah, that's a good point, it just makes me feel uneasy that my car generates interest in that sort of way. May be a should stop next time and have a chat with them!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 01:20:12 pm »
 :signLOL: Put your foot down see if they follow.

Im 23 and get followed a lot.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:41:52 pm »

Yeah, that's a good point, it just makes me feel uneasy that my car generates interest in that sort of way. May be a should stop next time and have a chat with them!

Good idea . I would suggest that there is a similar car to yours involved in crime locally to you
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 01:43:32 pm »

Good idea . I would suggest that there is a similar car to yours involved in crime locally to you

Living in Huddersfield this comes as no surprise!

Offline arthur

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 01:45:11 pm »
sometimes it will depend on where you are driving from and at what time.  The one time I got pulled over was when I was driving away from the town centre on an early Friday evening.   They said they were checking that I hadn't been drinking (which I hadn't)  They too changed their mind to follow me, turning left out of a right only lane while on a red light! but decided to follow me for a couple of miles before pulling me over!

But if you haven't done anything wrong I find it reassuring that they do this kind of thing, although probably not enough to stop people driving illegally!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:46:56 pm by arthur »

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 01:47:31 pm »
It's always been on the way to work, so between 8.30am and 9.30am, and has always happened from the same area of town.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 02:28:09 pm »
I used to get pulled all the time when I was younger (Ridiculously often at average 5 times a week), I went to local cop shop and filed a harrassment case against them, I never got pulled again for 15 years!  :happy2:

I would not mind, young chap driving nice car, but was always full legit, every time they pulled me they gave me a "Producer" to "Record" my documents, it was this little box being ticked that ensured my harrassment case was held up as It was easy to see they held my details but pulled me anyway, I mentioned how their records system must be pretty crap as they had to record them every day or 2!!.

Regards your car, it could be a marker from a previous owner who maybe did not have insurance at some point or had a marker for drugs etc, yu can go to police station and ask them to remove any markers as you are the new owner and dont want any hassle or like being followed!

Been followed once in last 15 years by police, i let it go for half a mile but when I made 2 turns and he matched me I pulled over in next layby, got out and lit a Ciggie, he pulled in behind me and asked why I had stopped?, I just laughed and held up my Ciggie  :happy2: he took a quick glance at my tyres and off he went!, that was 3 years back and not been stopped since  :signLOL:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:30:47 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »
Aren't GTIs still one of the most stolen cars in Manchester/Yorkshire?

Extra attention is to be expected.
Sideways yo!

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 02:41:33 pm »
Ah i travel to yorkshire alot in my GTI and stay in not the nicest of areas  :scared:

Better keep the keys close to me next time lol.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 03:41:58 pm »
I believe there was gang going round specifically targeting VW/Audi cars with RNS510 fitted in Yorkshire, cannot remember if it was Leeds/Bradford area
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14