Make a donation

Author Topic: Being followed by the boys in blue  (Read 7862 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Being followed by the boys in blue
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2012, 03:24:29 pm »
oh, masons!!!  Are they still about, bet none are under 50 years old.

:signLOL: The police force that's just another (Larger) Masonic clan isn't it?

:happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2012, 04:52:43 pm »
No mate, i'm sure there are still some old boys knocking about but it's nothing like that now.  They don't even get free travel on public transport any more.

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2012, 07:12:46 pm »
Iv got a good one. One of the young lads at my work has a chavy little clio black car black wheels black windows. Now the car is 100% legal and the other day he got followed by a unmarked BMW because he said it came flying up behind him and followed him for 7 miles before pulling him over. He was obv waiting for him to speed or something. So anyway pulled him over reason been to check his car over. Check it all and only thing he could think of was to check the front windows as they were down! Asked him If he knew the tinting law and asked him to put them up. He got his testing kit and didn't know how to use it so rang the station to get directions ( o dear ) then check them. they are the factory glass not tinted as he did not want this hassle. He finished and told him that he could give him a fixed penilty notice because it was to clear  :jumping: because he didnt know the law he said erm sorry so he drove off.

To light  :surprised: someone correct me of I'm wrong but what a load of tod!! No reason bobbys get a bad name for themselfs!!
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2012, 07:19:41 pm »
Followed for 7 miles hey and then you believed all the other drivvle about the story. A bit boring but yet another slag off the police story !
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 07:23:09 pm »
There are some f*cking idiots in the police force, I used to get stopped at least once a week when I was young, sometimes I was up to no good, others I was just minding my own. On police cars these days they have an onboard camera and computer that  automatically scans every plate and an alert flashes up if the car is uninsured etc.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 07:23:51 pm »

....Isn't that the sign of the secret society of male G-string wearers?  :evilgrin:

I don't have any bad or resentful feelings against the Police, but quite the contrary. I've been followed lots of times by unmarked cars and stopped but never had a fine or points from them. The marked car guys are only doing their jobs. A friend of mine is one, so I understand and respect their point of view.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 07:26:21 pm »
Followed for 7 miles hey and then you believed all the other drivvle about the story. A bit boring but yet another slag off the police story !

If He had just said yep your cars fine fella on your way that's fair enough back to the point of it may be inconvenient but for the ones they do pull who have un road worthy car and so on its worth it! But to say I could do you for haveing to clear front windows is just unbelievable. I thought he was lieing when he asked if that's a law!
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2012, 07:47:03 pm »
I've had marked cars follow me, literally speed up to my bumper whilst typing on their computers....it's comical and sad at the same time. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the boys in blue. 
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)