Make a donation

Author Topic: Dealer discounts on new cars Golf R  (Read 1498 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Dealer discounts on new cars Golf R
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:32:50 am »
Hi I have spent a couple of months pulling my hair out trying to decide what to buy a Golf ED35 /R or a Audi S3 , I am sure it has to be the R ,I was a little shocked at the Delivery dates off 20 weeks then I remember reading Oli had cancelled his TDI due to the build slot going back. There doesn't seam to be anything Id like secondhand so it looks like new is the only way . I have got some prices  and dealers seam reluctant to  discuss discounts but I have been told 5% is about normal ,One guy said he received 7% .Can anyone advise what I need to be looking for discount wise, I also understand if I order a Golf R it will be del in Nov and it will be one of the last mk6 golfs built ,is that a good thing or when the 7 appears will the R mk6  drop like a stone.

Any advice would be wonderful as it is time I ordered it and gave up looking for a grey dsg  3dr under 1 yr old and under 6k miles . 

R32UK

Re: Dealer discounts on new cars Golf R
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 10:42:25 am »
if you are planning on keeping it a long time... then a sought after late mk6 will be just as wanted as a early mk7. If its short term... then you may want to hold out for a mk7. Just be prepared for an even longer wait for the R model.

If you are talking new golf r money then you would be crazy not to consider the new 135i when it is out.  :innocent:

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 10:49:34 am »
If you are talking new golf r money then you would be crazy not to consider the new 135i when it is out.  :innocent:

I suppose from the inside you can't really see what it looks like...

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 10:56:55 am »
 :signLOL: so true

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

R32UK

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 11:44:40 am »

I suppose from the inside you can't really see what it looks like...

this is true.. although the new m-sport ones look very different from most of the std ones you see around. 320bhp std through the rear wheels makes the golf look a little  :booty:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 01:44:20 pm »
Here we go, women's talk, I don't like what it looks like :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 06:20:18 pm »
Here we go, women's talk, I don't like what it looks like :signLOL:

you even say its not a pretty car i.e. you like the front and back but the side is a bit pants

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 06:40:26 pm »
yeah, but a hatch with rear wheel drive and 320 ponies, who cares if its ugly which i agree it is. :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 07:21:58 pm »
Any advice would be wonderful as it is time I ordered it and gave up looking for a grey dsg  3dr under 1 yr old and under 6k miles . 

Have you looked at the one at Ridgeway Wantage?

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 03:28:24 pm »

Have you looked at the one at Ridgeway Wantage?

Hi Yes , I have had lengthy chats with Jarrad there senior sales advisor, they want £31990 for it, They will do me a new one for £33450 ,I explained its only 1500 more for a new one  and it would be ordered with silver wheels  I really don't like the black ones he said they would /could get the ones on the  61 plate redone silver . To be honest I also want nav and front and rear parking with the camera . It is the right colour with DSG and 3 doors  but here is there argument this car cost nearly 40k new because leather was £1900 and BT  several hundred more  also it had a cobra tracker fitted so the original invoice price was nearly 40 I think tbh it was around 38 .

This is what I have ended up at this moment  J talked me through the spec I built it and it came out £35350 because leather and bt are now for options the tracker isn't worth anything to  me so £35350 discounted came down to £33500 .We can't agree on there price he pissed me off by telling me it was priced keenly  to sell , I said that was salesman BS I think we ended up agreeing he wanted my MB for basic trade and agreed it was a very nice example  and he wanted absolute top top money for the  R we seam a distance apart at the moment I said call me if you change your mind.

Did anyone see the white R 3 door and dsg with 19" wheels for sale at xtreme  for sale with 1200 mls on a 12 plate uk car ,I could fooking cry it was sold by a guy who gets on a BMW forum he got 28k for it he buys 4 cars a year  mainly Nissan rs  ,I see it but never realised he had left it with them on SOR  , it would be on my drive now if I had known it was his , I just assumed something weird about it being sold with 1200miles on only a month or so old .

This lad chris is a lucky so and so he has a RS3 on order and runs a ed30 and a Nissan r .

I have been buying BMW s for 18 years the 135i doesn't appeal to me full stop.