Make a donation

Author Topic: New diverter valve revision G, Ed 30  (Read 10067 times)

Offline bendella

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
New diverter valve revision G, Ed 30
« on: June 09, 2012, 03:39:42 pm »
Ok guys some of you might remember i had extremely poor mpg when had the car remapped, 26-27.5mpg with normal driving 50-70mph. No matter which way i drove the returns were very low and after some searching online and feedback from other members i went ahead and changed the diverter valve(dump valve) to the revised G from Vw.
After replacing the DV, honestly can say the increase in power and boost is great. Drove the car to York-1079, 60-70mph and also abit of 80-90mph and the returns were very pleasing, 35-38mpg  :smiley:
My old DV diaphram was not split but the new 1 make a hell of a difference.

Just a post to maybe help any1 else who feels the boost and mpg might not be what it was when you 1st bought the car (by far an expert in these matters but when you can repair your own car and save £££ from main dealers then i am happy)

So all good so far, guess as the miles go up 1 has to constantly assess what needs doing and from now on i am going make sure i upgrade or change parts if need be

Offline Yawn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: New diverter valve revision G, Ed 30
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »
Nice one, did you fit it yoursellf? and was it a tricky? (for someone who hasn't done it before)

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 07:17:24 pm »
what did you pay for the g?

Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline bendella

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:02:46 pm »
Nice one, did you fit it yoursellf? and was it a tricky? (for someone who hasn't done it before)

Yes mate, got a good guide online although these are much easier on the ed30 than the standard gti. Ed30 DV is on top to the front of the engine and 3 torx size 30 bolts, unclip the electrics and all done. 10 mins all good make sure it's all flush and good fit

Offline bendella

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »

The G was app £38 incl from Dealer, well worth it compared to Forge price. The D piston type DV is also prone to leak

Offline Meallbhan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 09:47:58 pm »
I replaced mine a few months ago from a "B" to a "G" because it had split, there was a huge difference in performance and mpg maybe a ccuple more, so well worth doing. 

But my question is, if your one wasn't split, I don't understand how a new one made a difference?  Do the DV's just get worn out?

Offline bendella

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 09:57:49 pm »
I replaced mine a few months ago from a "B" to a "G" because it had split, there was a huge difference in performance and mpg maybe a ccuple more, so well worth doing. 

But my question is, if your one wasn't split, I don't understand how a new one made a difference?  Do the DV's just get worn out?

After i had the remap the mpg was very poor and my C DV was the original from when the car was new 2007. I looked at how i could improve this and DV issues came up on searches all the time. I suppose the the diaphram was weak which could have affected the boost aswell. The boost on light throttle is great now and so is the mpg on the D DV

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 10:03:37 pm »

The G was app £38 incl from Dealer, well worth it compared to Forge price. The D piston type DV is also prone to leak

I paid £50 from awesome thinking I'd save money compared to the dealers

Offline bendella

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 10:13:21 pm »
sometimes it's worth giving the dealers a call 1st and with next day pick up it works out grt for me

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »

How much are they from TPS?

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 10:17:36 pm »
Took more than 2 weeks to get the part
First one arrived damaged so they agreed to exchange it, it was recieved by them on a Friday and it was the following Thursday before they had botherd to contact me to ask if I wanted a refund or replacement finally got it on the Monday after

Offline bendella

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »

How much are they from TPS?

I have added them to my favorites now, never used them before, are they any good? any online catalogue

By the way i have been to Vagco doncaster and had Simon do my cambelt kit and water pump after i saw your recomendation on here. Great guy, great price too. Will be using himfor any work i need infuture
He's mentioned you aswell :happy2:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 10:42:26 pm »
My local dealer didnt even know wat a DV is, lol, never mind wat revision!! Ive heard lots of pro's and cons 4 both types, but ive had 2 go 4 Revision D as cudnt find a G anywhere, literally! Im having mine changed next Fri, after having my stock 1 since new bak in 2005, wonder wat state it will b in!?

Offline bendella

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 10:49:09 pm »
The parts guys at my local vw are clued up but i did mention the DV to the vw tech and the stupid prick did not know what i was on about :fighting:

The revision D is the piston type so keep us posted on how you get on after installing it. Very easy on the ed30

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 11:06:56 pm »
So can VW get the G in? I have the D but hear stories of due to being plastic they leak air through...
Diesel Daily Hack.