Make a donation

Author Topic: Your Platinum Invite - The Result  (Read 1616 times)

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Your Platinum Invite - The Result
« on: June 09, 2012, 09:27:21 pm »
Hey guys...
Bit of a weird one for you , looks like ive received some marketing stuff from my local dealers , was wondering if anyone else had either had the same or something similar.
Opened up the post this morning to the following :
A non de script envelope address to myself with the returns address of my local dealers , intrigued i had a look inside

"Your Platinum Invite"

hmmm to myself i though

"To celebrate the launch of our brand new premises , you have been selected by Andrew Poole , Brand Manager of Inchcape Telford as a Volkswagen Platinum Customer"

" To unlock the fantastic value of your Platinum Key and to secure your allocated appointment during our even which runs from 15-18th June, Contact us now on...."

Below all this is a whopping great big cardboard key , and you guessed it , its platinum in its colour...

"Unlock Fantastic Value
Your Volkswagen Platinum key"

there is then a 5 digit number which i can only assume is some promo code / serial and a space for my name

Then they really go to town...as if i hadn't guessed it yet , in nice big text

"Congratulations  you are now a Volkswagen Platinum Key Holder"

"During this event our Telford centre will be closed to the public to allow you as a platinum key holder to get the treatment you deserve , Plus we will wash and vac your vehicle FREE while your here"

I can only assume this is going to be a big sales day pitch to try and get me to buy something or trade in my motor , I plan to attend just to cause a fuss , they did after all say I would get the treatment i deserve.....

Ive probably been targeted for this after spending best part of £800 on service parts for various things over the last 6 or so weeks , but i am intigued as what they are going to offer.

Anyone else seen anything similar to this ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:08:55 am by DarkSideJohn »
'04 GT TDI 140 | Remapped | Cold Air Intake | WALK | TBE

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
Re: Your Platinum Invite
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 04:23:42 pm »
Ask for a discount on an Ed35 or Golf R!  :happy2:
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 04:27:07 pm »
Ask for a discount on an Ed35 or Golf R!  :happy2:

Probably get shot and shunned for saying it but i would rather keep my beloved TDI :)  :driver:

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:54:41 am »
I received something similar from Phoenix Honda when I had my Civic...talk of a free barbeque, chances to drive the Mugen 200 Civic, and lots of other appealing things..but when it was pissing rain on the day I thought 'sod it'  :indifferent:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Your Platinum Invite - The Result
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 11:13:04 am »
Well i went over to VW on my pre-arranged 9:00 AM appointment for the above mentioned event.
Pretty much a waste of time to be honest , was just a giant sales event , basically turned around to me and said that my current beloved GT TDI is worthless !
with a trade in value of only £3500 and then tried to flog me a new motor !

So thats the negatives
As for the positives , did work out that with the extra's ive got on my motor at the moment if i wanted to buy the same new today it would be close to £25000 worth of car.
Plus when i next go in to have any work done ill get 15% off because the guy "took a shine" to me LOL

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
Re: Your Platinum Invite - The Result
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 03:15:34 pm »
It was worth going in to get the 15% discount off your next bill!
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)