Make a donation

Author Topic: CQuartz: What are peoples opinions?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline kevinm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
  • No. 728
CQuartz: What are peoples opinions?
« on: June 11, 2012, 02:30:58 pm »
I'll be getting the car detailed in the next 2 weeks and the detailer has suggested i get 2 coats of CQuartz put on the car after.

Has anybody past experience of it? It looks to be good from the various reviews on detailing world etc..

TIA

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
Re: CQuartz: What are peoples opinions?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 02:45:01 pm »
I'm using it on my wheels, but all the reports say if applied correctly with the correct curing time it's good stuff.

Fish

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:28:23 pm »
The product is only as good as the person applying it. Who is doing it?

Offline kevinm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
  • No. 728
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:44:14 pm »
The product is only as good as the person applying it. Who is doing it?

Spirit Detailing. He has done work on my car before and I was very happy with it.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 08:12:34 am »
As long as its done inside cured with UV and the humidity is right you'll be fine. Also make sure he uses cquartz finest rather than just cquartz. All the approved cquartz guys now have cquartz finest, including me ;)

If your happy with his work go for it ;)

Offline Alzak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 06:42:12 am »
As long as its done inside cured with UV and the humidity is right you'll be fine. Also make sure he uses cquartz finest rather than just cquartz. All the approved cquartz guys now have cquartz finest, including me ;)

If your happy with his work go for it ;)

I've done mine outside without any UV light and I used normal Cquartz not "finest"... finest is just marketing trick not worth to pay extra price for product which is just 2% stronger ... and my coating is 1 year old and look as was applied yesterday .

All I can say Cquartz is great coating You do not need to be pro to get this coating on Your car most important thing is that Your paintwork need to be as scratch free as possible and You can't get Your car wet for at least 12 hours.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 07:53:53 am »
I take it your well versed on finest's make up and you've had months of experience with it then to reach that sweeping conclusion?  :happy2: :stupid:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 08:00:32 am »
I take it your well versed on finest's make up and you've had months of experience with it then to reach that sweeping conclusion?  :happy2: :stupid:

now now Jay  :signLOL:

Offline Alzak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 10:21:13 am »
I take it your well versed on finest's make up and you've had months of experience with it then to reach that sweeping conclusion?  :happy2: :stupid:

I do not have any experience with finest and I don't need it to know is nothing more than bit stronger Cquartz.

And all talking how great it is is just typical marketing talk... Why not run test to compare Cquartz vs Finest
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:26:45 am by Alzak »

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 10:24:56 am »

I do not have any experience with finest and I don't need it to know is nothing more than bit stronger Cquartz.

Nice attitude! good luck with that.

I love it how people like yourself advise people about detailing when let face it you don't have a clue. hahaha!

Offline Alzak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 10:30:34 am »
Just because someone do not make living from detailing do not mean it hasn't got any clue ...

I know someone who don lab test on Cquartz and few others coatings and is true Cquartz is best product on the market, just not sure about all Finest marketing...