Make a donation

Author Topic: Stolen S3, Anyone know where?  (Read 6696 times)

Saintsteve

Re: Stolen S3, Anyone know where?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 03:47:56 pm »
Bloody stupid nevertheless.

I feel for the owner personally. Lets hope it never happens to you andrew, and you lock the door every single time you go in and out of your house and in broad daylight  :confused:

If i did, it would be known as "Parinoid" imo

Someone has tried to break into my house with the express purpose of taking my car, however I have, and alway have locked my doors at all times. I have thumb turn cylinders and sash jammers, and lock them whether it's daylight or the middle of the night. I'm not saying they don't deserve sympathy, but you're very naive if you think you don't need to have your front door locked at all times. It shouldn't confuse you Steve, it's quite simple really.

Oh, and it's Paranoid, and it sounds like you should try it, or you might be next.

I'm fortunate I dont live in a high crime area chap, but if they choose to open my front door, I'm sure All 6ft 4 of me will know what to do cheers  :wink:

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 03:49:26 pm »
I just came.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 03:54:03 pm »
In my case the cat beat me down the stairs and I had to restrain him.

I then saw them reversing down the drive in my lovely blue Octavia.  :sad1:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »
In all seriousness, I don't condone this kind of thing and I do genuinely feel sorry for them, but come on, you are kind of asking for it if you don't at least secure your front door!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 03:59:03 pm »
This was in manchester so i believe

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 03:59:57 pm »
You should be able to be safe in your own home when your inside you should not have to lock the door while your sat down watching tv  :confused:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Saintsteve

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 04:01:08 pm »
In all seriousness, I don't condone this kind of thing and I do genuinely feel sorry for them, but come on, you are kind of asking for it if you don't at least secure your front door!

It doesn't happen down south Andrew as much as up North...

I think there was only one organised Car theft of an S3 in Chandlers ford about a year ago, but they normally hit rural areas and not built up ones, ( or in areas that nice cars may not be as common place) if you see what I mean..I'm in that sort of area so am tucked away as it were.

I always lock up when in the evenings normally or obviously when I'm not at home, but all my valuables and keys are hidden away and not in easy reach.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:03:07 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 04:02:31 pm »

Its that sort of attitude that car thieves love!! your in a high risk country, forget about your area.

You think a few hours drive is going to put these punks off stealing a £30k car?

Saintsteve

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 04:05:25 pm »

Jay, London, Manchester, Leeds, Bradford, are more common... When was Southampton last time a common hit? It's not as big a problem down here. ...thankfully

Its that sort of attitude that car thieves love!! your in a high risk country, forget about your area.

You think a few hours drive is going to put these punks off stealing a £30k car?

Saintsteve

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 04:06:34 pm »

You think a few hours drive is going to put these punks off stealing a £10k car?

Yes  :laugh:

Offline daboy3000

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • MKV GT TDi
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 04:11:57 pm »
They must have had some advanced knowledge if it is the case that the front door was open.  Most front doors are locked from the outside once closed, not like back doors (UPVC) which often you need to lock.

Or do they stop at every house with a nice car and see if the front door is open and hope they don't go inside to find 6'4" Steve sitting there with 10 of his rugby mates!!

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2012, 11:12:03 pm »
Can I make an observation here men , looking at the car when it drove off the drive (especially the intitial pull off ), it looks like its dsg as he holds it on the brake whilst still moving ( the same way all dsg owners do). So , foot on the brake to start the engine and select drive. He knows how to do this quite quickly but doesn't know how to open the key or car ?

Chris.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:15:42 pm by bowie »
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2012, 11:19:09 pm »
This is what it says on the Youtube link……

"Please view this video and help identify the people in it. On 7th June 2012 2 men burst into my home were my family were relaxing - catching me off guard, they threatened us with a crowbar, took these keys to our Audi S3. Call crime stoppers on 0800 555 111."

barstewardss  :fighting:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »
This was in manchester so i believe

Yup, Didsbury area in Manchester.
Without traction power is nothing!

h4rdy

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2012, 11:54:59 pm »
I have a nice Louisville Slugger, Ball and Glove on display so its not a weapon.
And a nice large MagLight.
And some nice training which culminates in someone getting very hurt.
This really gets my f*cking goat.
I kind of agree with Andrew about locking the door.
But some doors today, for some reason, don't now lock from the outside. Mine does!
I would have chased that **** out of the front door and would have at least smashed the window of the car so he couldn't have seen!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: