Make a donation

Author Topic: Trackers  (Read 2236 times)

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Trackers
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »
Well some of you will know what i do :wink:

Contacted a Tracker Company  (Can't mention name...sorry) to turn on a tracker which was fitted to a stolen car £35k but the new owner did not know it had one (hence had not known it was on the car)  They won't do it !

Now it is not as if the new owner has been skimping or a cheapskate. Lives in a £1m house and runs a business with £10m turnover plus . We have asked them officially and they point blank refuse , this is unbelievable to me . What a fantastic PR exercise for them ??
The Insurance company have offered to pay all back rental/subscription

Your views welcomed
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ur0n7ciddpnco6hfpjgq98b224&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Trackers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 05:31:56 pm »
Just because they live in a Million pound house doesn't mean they have any intelligence!

:fighting: :fighting:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 05:34:50 pm »
By the paying back of rental/ subscription, is that for the tracker??

If so, regardless to whether he knew he had one or not he's been paying for the service and there for they should activate it surely??

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 05:40:30 pm »
Just because they live in a Million pound house doesn't mean they have any intelligence!

What's that got to do with it ?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ur0n7ciddpnco6hfpjgq98b224&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 05:41:38 pm »

Because any rational human being would have that turned on in a flash.... More money than sense obviously.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 05:46:01 pm »

Because any rational human being would have that turned on in a flash.... More money than sense obviously.

The previous owner had let it lapse and the  new owner did not know it was even fitted

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 05:48:19 pm »

The previous owner had let it lapse and the  new owner did not know it was even fitted

Hang on... ive got the wrong end of the stick... The TRACKER company wont turn it on.. GOT YOU!!   :grin:

Well thats pretty obvious why they wont turn it on. If they did turn on in on then they are setting a precedent which basically means that you dont have to ever pay for your tracker subscription.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »

If so, regardless to whether he knew he had one or not he's been paying for the service and there for they should activate it surely??

He has not been paying anything , he didn't know it was there . Due to the type of car i asked him to investigate as most insurers insist on it having one . His company didn't require one , bet they wish they did now !

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »
Same happened to me, forgot to pay it, even police spoke to them, said would only switch on if car was involved in a crime which it was 2 months later, then set on fire.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:45 pm »

Hang on... ive got the wrong end of the stick... The TRACKER company wont turn it on.. GOT YOU!!   :grin:

Well thats pretty obvious why they wont turn it on. If they did turn on in on then they are setting a precedent which basically means that you dont have to ever pay for your tracker subscription.

I sort of agree with you......but i am sure they are holding out for a better offer from the Insurance company...........Watch this space

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 05:54:16 pm »

He has not been paying anything , he didn't know it was there . Due to the type of car i asked him to investigate as most insurers insist on it having one . His company didn't require one , bet they wish they did now !

Ah right, I just re read it and see its the insurance offering to pay the tracker company (I'm really not with it today).

Surely the tracker company could add a one off charge on top of the back payment and make more money out of it.

I can understand them not wanting to do it as it would set a precedent of people not paying. But saying that if the thiefs know it could have one it would've been stripped out by now??

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 05:58:23 pm »
Same happened to me, forgot to pay it, even police spoke to them, said would only switch on if car was involved in a crime which it was 2 months later, then set on fire.

Well thats what i am . They said similar and the insurance company now bribing them ! As Richwig says.....would defeat the object of the subscription to the service if they turned it on afterwards for a non paying customer...... But bearing in mind it would not be public knowledge that they did it (hence hwy i have not mentioned their name) and nobody apart from the Police would know.............why not ? We are not into divulging our information sources and do not have to  

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 08:16:50 pm »
Surely if it was activated, the car can be quickly located and hopefuly returned to its owner. Insurance company happy and so is the owner.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 08:22:52 pm »
surely if they have evidence of a stolen car's whereabouts and they are refusing to divulge they are causing some sort of obstruction of justice or whatever you wanna call it? like if a friend of mine murdered someone, and the police knew i had evidence and i refused to give it to them? surely this is analogous to that scenario and illegal in itself?
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 08:27:50 pm »
Ive been thinking about this and the point made that they will not turn it on unless it is involved in a crime. Surely every time it is driven an offence is being committed??

Also as said above surely thy should divulge the information to the police as it could be an organised gang/ringing operation that could be busted rather than just a stolen/recover case??