Make a donation

Author Topic: Blue flame TBE cat for mot  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Blue flame TBE cat for mot
« on: May 31, 2012, 04:59:35 pm »
I have been offerd a blue flame TBE with decat for a really good price.

The exhaust is still brand new and has never been fitted to a car so couldn't turn it down.

When it comes to mot time will the standard cat fit in with the blueflame system? Or will I have to get the whole standard exhaust fitted to get the cat on?

Offline Adam_Blueflame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Blue flame TBE cat for mot
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 12:44:23 pm »
If you fit the system as a catback first and use our catback to standard system adaptor then you can keep the standard downpipe and cat in place for MOT.
After MOT you can remove the downpipe and cat, then fit our downpipe and cat onto the system to complete it.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »
If you fit the system as a catback first and use our catback to standard system adaptor then you can keep the standard downpipe and cat in place for MOT.
After MOT you can remove the downpipe and cat, then fit our downpipe and cat onto the system to complete it.

I will be getting the whole lot on as my mot is not due until January

Do you sell the adaptor separately?

Offline Adam_Blueflame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:42:19 am »
Apologies for the late reply, I am pretty sure I did reply to this the other day  :confused:
Yes we sell the Catback to OEM Adaptor Pipe for £5.50 including VAT.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 11:12:25 am »

....I assume that means that someone with your system then has to swop in and out every time they need a MOT.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:27:19 am »
Yes robbin because they are running a decat not a sports cat  :happy2:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 05:03:26 pm »
Decat would invalidate insurance etc
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 07:16:07 pm »
From what I have read a car is not illegal without a cat as long as it would pass an emissions test.

I can't fit the exhaust until next month as my current insurer won't cover any more mods as I already have stage 1, panel filter and uprated discs. When I asked them to add the exhaust they knew it was a full stainless from front to back and only asked about the power gain, then they noticed I already had the above mods and told me that they couldn't cover me.

I'm not losing a years no claims for the sake of a month and an exhaust, just narrows down my choice of insurer for my next policy

Adam

Cheers I'll be in touch at some point about the reducer ( hopefully I remember well before the MOT is due)