Make a donation

Author Topic: Want a detail,BUT only to get the swirls out !  (Read 1772 times)

Offline essoman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 1
Want a detail,BUT only to get the swirls out !
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:27 pm »
I have a black Pearl metallic and have become hooked on the detailing side of things.I use the 2 bucket method,claying,polish,protector and wax etc etc and am generally very pleased with the results.Except, I still have light swirl marks that wont come out by hand.I dont want to Bu**er up the paint trying to polish them out myself .I have been mightly impressed with some of the detailers on this site but all the packages seem so expensive when all I really want is the swirls polished out and I can do the waxing etc afterwards.

Any suggestions,it seems too much of an art to use a machine ?

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: Want a detail,BUT only to get the swirls out !
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 09:01:38 pm »
The machine polishing is 85-90% of the job so although I cant speak for every detailer out there... I doubt there would be much of a discount for not waxing afterwards.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:12:20 pm »
PM'd you chap!  :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 11:43:53 am »
I doubt anyone detailer would take that on to be honest. Reputations ride on the finished package!

Offline Alzak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:57:16 am »
I have a black Pearl metallic and have become hooked on the detailing side of things.I use the 2 bucket method,claying,polish,protector and wax etc etc and am generally very pleased with the results.Except, I still have light swirl marks that wont come out by hand.I dont want to Bu**er up the paint trying to polish them out myself .I have been mightly impressed with some of the detailers on this site but all the packages seem so expensive when all I really want is the swirls polished out and I can do the waxing etc afterwards.

Any suggestions,it seems too much of an art to use a machine ?

I'm sure RussZS on here can give You very competitive price on his "enhancement" package if You are local to Him 

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:54:23 am »
Provide your own wax to the detailer to use. To be honest, the waxing part of the job is 30 minutes. Most of the graft is in the machine polishing and prep of the paintwork to begin with.