Make a donation

Author Topic: Trackers  (Read 2227 times)

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Re: Trackers
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 08:42:54 pm »
Well watch this space and we'll see what we can do . There are several laws but all linked to individuals and not businesses. I do anticipate an eventual result but it may be too late if car is long gone overseas , which is where i expect it has gone. Suspect the waving of £'s will overide the decision
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 08:51:14 pm »
There should be an option of paying a one off fee (even if its a couple of hundred pounds) to switch it on in cases like this , the tracker company gets money , the car gets located , everyones happy , no?
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 09:06:01 pm »
There should be an option of paying a one off fee (even if its a couple of hundred pounds) to switch it on in cases like this , the tracker company gets money , the car gets located , everyones happy , no?

Couple of hundred ! They are saying no to virtually £1000 at the moment , they know how much the car costs !

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

Couple of hundred ! They are saying no to virtually £1000 at the moment , they know how much the car costs !

If in the end they wont switch it on , and if I was the car owner , I'd be on every forum , phoning every 'Watchdog' style programme,  to name and shame the company.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 09:08:54 pm »
The trouble is the more the tracker company drag their heals the insurance will end up paying all that money for nothing as it would have been stripped or not in the country

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 03:27:53 pm »
Name and shame thew tracker company, wont be using them for my next tracker (unless I already am?)  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline mrbubba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Re: Re: Trackers
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »
Same happened to me, forgot to pay it, even police spoke to them, said would only switch on if car was involved in a crime which it was 2 months later, then set on fire.

Well thats what i am . They said similar and the insurance company now bribing them ! As Richwig says.....would defeat the object of the subscription to the service if they turned it on afterwards for a non paying customer...... But bearing in mind it would not be public knowledge that they did it (hence hwy i have not mentioned their name) and nobody apart from the Police would know.............why not ? We are not into divulging our information sources and do not have to  

If its the rather big name that does tracker systems, then they will activate it for certain cases if authorized by the Ops room inspector (I've had it done previously)

They won't do it just to locate a stolen car though as I'd assume its down to money (the fact they haven't been paid)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD With Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
MK2 Leon Cupra

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: Trackers
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 04:35:20 pm »
Same happened to me, forgot to pay it, even police spoke to them, said would only switch on if car was involved in a crime which it was 2 months later, then set on fire.

Well thats what i am . They said similar and the insurance company now bribing them ! As Richwig says.....would defeat the object of the subscription to the service if they turned it on afterwards for a non paying customer...... But bearing in mind it would not be public knowledge that they did it (hence hwy i have not mentioned their name) and nobody apart from the Police would know.............why not ? We are not into divulging our information sources and do not have to  

If its the rather big name that does tracker systems, then they will activate it for certain cases if authorized by the Ops room inspector (I've had it done previously)

They won't do it just to locate a stolen car though as I'd assume its down to money (the fact they haven't been paid)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD With Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Surely if the crime has been reported to Police by NOT handing over the details/location they are "obstructing a police officer/investigation"?, they use that little statement for anything else they dont have legislation for  :signLOL: why not in this case?
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:22 pm »
As i said earlier it is a Company Policy and not an individuals decision. Looks like little chance of them doing it unless the Insurance company can budge them. We can't !