Make a donation

Author Topic: problem with a sale?  (Read 1878 times)

Saintsteve

Re: problem with a sale?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 07:15:04 pm »
I don't understand people that appear active and don't respond to PM's... Doesn't take a minute to do and non of this would frustrate.

Give him to the agreed deadline and , if you have a purchaser lined up them it's tough in my book.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:17:59 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 07:15:30 pm »
Thanks RR - not returning the deposit wasn't the point in this thread anyway as I was always gonna return it, i was just wondering if it was unfair to put them back up for sale if I've not heard from him.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 07:49:50 pm »
My policy is if somebody cancels then the item goes back for sale and when it sells the deposit goes back to the original purchaser, less any loss.

Simply not communicating though is very crap and shows a lack of commitment to the deal and a personal insult to the seller. If you've sent a couple of PMs and no response I'd send a final pm cancelling and keeping the deposit just to get his attention

Alternatively just don't take them off sale until the full moneys received.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »
^^^^
Yes, as Dave suggests, I would put it in writing (by sending either a PM or email) that he has unfortunately given you no alternative by his lack of response other than to cancel the sale to him. You have then served him notice and it will greatly reduce the risk of any bad feelings due to a misunderstanding.

He will (or should!) also respect you for this.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 08:43:59 pm »
He's clearly wanting them but maybe doesn't have all the money together yet.

I'd be inclined to do him a favour and wait, but then I'm not hard up for money. The last thing I'd do is keep the money and tell him tough tits without discussing it first - give him a week and tell him he'll get his money back minus a small fee for your trouble.

Years ago I was selling a car and someone placed a deposit on it, circumstances changed and he couldn't go through with the deal - so I refunded him and let it go. Years later he interviewed me for a job and instantly remembered me. Treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself.

There's some hard faced people on here sometimes, and I mentally note every one of you so as not to deal with you, buying or selling.

Thats fair enough in most circumstances Mike. But common courtesy (which costs nothing) is at least to reply, state you can no longer afford them, or even ask for them to be held onto for just a wee bit longer and apologise.

To not reply to multiple PMs over the course of 1 month is just plain ignorant. And im surprised the OP waited this long before shouting about it on the forum.

I do agree with what you say, he's either embarrassed or stupid - but two wrongs don't make a right.  :happy2:
Sideways yo!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 09:15:14 pm »
He's clearly wanting them but maybe doesn't have all the money together yet.

I'd be inclined to do him a favour and wait, but then I'm not hard up for money. The last thing I'd do is keep the money and tell him tough tits without discussing it first - give him a week and tell him he'll get his money back minus a small fee for your trouble.

Years ago I was selling a car and someone placed a deposit on it, circumstances changed and he couldn't go through with the deal - so I refunded him and let it go. Years later he interviewed me for a job and instantly remembered me. Treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself.

There's some hard faced people on here sometimes, and I mentally note every one of you so as not to deal with you, buying or selling.

Thats fair enough in most circumstances Mike. But common courtesy (which costs nothing) is at least to reply, state you can no longer afford them, or even ask for them to be held onto for just a wee bit longer and apologise.

To not reply to multiple PMs over the course of 1 month is just plain ignorant. And im surprised the OP waited this long before shouting about it on the forum.

I do agree with what you say, he's either embarrassed or stupid - but two wrongs don't make a right.  :happy2:

Too right. And I'd not encourage being so mean as to keep the deposit unless it was agreed it was non refundable.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 07:13:51 am »
I think under the circumstance if I read this Right ,he left a deposit as he was going on Holiday he has now returned he has been on here but hasn't arranged to collect them or had the time to speak with you.

I don't think that is good enough if you have mailed him twice, I really don't think he could have any complaints if you just return the deposit stating the reason for the sale is you wanted them out your house and two the money would be handy ,

Waiting a month for a reply isn't fair on you, return the Money with a little note saying unfortunately  for what ever reason you haven't been in touch hope you are ok et ,but for the reasons above you do need the room and feel it time to try again and realist them .

Don't be hard on your self this guy isn't being fair ignoring your mail and moving around on here posting or what ever he can obviously contact you but has choosen not to   , return the cash and move on

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 09:18:32 am »
Sorted now. They're back up for sale!
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+