Make a donation

Author Topic: To colour code or not to colour code, *UPDATE - front splitter done too*  (Read 23236 times)

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Well everyone, here is the final result. We found it much easier to remove the top half of the bumper as well for the re-fit - in fact we wish we had taken the whole lot off in one go to start with, would have been much quicker  :party:

EDIT: for those that are thinking of doing this you need to make sure you order the tow eye cover too, as that does not come with the bumper (£5.51 - 1k6 807 441 B). If you are getting the lower bottom section sprayed too don't forget to order when getting bumper sprayed. If you are leaving it in black plastic like I did then just order and push in :)

Before

During

After

Well chuffed with the final result - just the front spoiler to do now!  :happy2:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:24:43 am by brookesb32 »
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline da_ansa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
looks amazing.

Offline holland15h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Looks good

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: To colour code or not to colour code, there is no question! - teaser
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 01:30:22 pm »
Looking great :happy2:

Well i have a black golf, so not sure if it would be much of a difference tbh?  :confused:

It doesn’t make as much of a difference as the other colours but it does make enough of a difference to make it worth it IMO.

Mine:

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
Re: To colour code or not to colour code, there is no question! - teaser
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 01:58:33 pm »
Looking great :happy2:

Well i have a black golf, so not sure if it would be much of a difference tbh?  :confused:

It doesn’t make as much of a difference as the other colours but it does make enough of a difference to make it worth it IMO.

Mine:

Thanks  :driver:

I agree with you as well about it being worth it on a black car, adds nice definition to the exhaust section

Offline PND

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 62
  • "Every great journey starts with a single step.."

Well chuffed with the final result - just the front spoiler to do now!  :happy2:

Looks a thousand times better.  It's how they should have left the factory.  :happy2:  Glad you're pleased with it.

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You

Looks a thousand times better.  It's how they should have left the factory.  :happy2:  Glad you're pleased with it.

Couldn't agree more!!  :drinking:

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
AH

Great pics will order mine tonight me thinks :)

Does he order the tow eye cover or is it from the steelers?

Also is the black bottom part textured or smooth black?

Many thanks :)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:19:53 pm by callis »
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
AH

Great pics will order mine tonight me thinks :)

Does he order the tow eye cover or is it from the steelers?

Also is the black bottom part textured or smooth black?

Many thanks :)

Thanks  :smiley:

I ordered my cover from the stealers, but I'm sure if you ask Niall and give him the part number he would order it for you when he gets in the bumper.

The bottom part is textured plastic, just as it is from the factory, but you could get that coloured too in black of course :)

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Ah great cheers for the reply.

I need to have a think, either fully painted or split like yours? Misses thinks fully painted but im not sure tbh. Need to have a serious think b4 i order it....hummm  :drinking:
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You

I need to have a think, either fully painted or split like yours? Misses thinks fully painted but im not sure tbh. Need to have a serious think b4 i order it....hummm  :drinking:

Choices choices  :drinking:

Personally I think they look better with a bit of definition, but each to their own. I do know a number of ED30 owners have either wrapped or painte the lower section of theirs in black to break up the colour.

But the choice as they say, is yours  :signLOL:

Edit: dont know if this helps, but saw this car in Canada when i was on honeymoon, fully colour coded

Simon
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:15:43 pm by brookesb32 »

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56

Choices choices  :drinking:

Personally I think they look better with a bit of definition, but each to their own. I do know a number of ED30 owners have either wrapped or painte the lower section of theirs in black to break up the colour.

But the choice as they say, is yours  :signLOL:

SNIP

Simon

+1 My preference also
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Well decided

Going to part code it, wil send an email tonight and order it tomorrow :)

cheers for help and pics guys  :drinking:

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
Well decided

Going to part code it, wil send an email tonight and order it tomorrow :)

cheers for help and pics guys  :drinking:

Good choice  :congrats:

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Well got my rear bumper on order.  :party:

Also spoke to Naill, he can do the Skirts for £139.99 per side. This will be new gen skirts, and finished to the same standard as the rear bumper. I havent looked into bodyshop prices so i have no idea if this is a good deal or not?

Thoughs people?