Make a donation

Author Topic: Any Dubstep fans??  (Read 1268 times)

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Any Dubstep fans??
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:17:06 pm »
Check out our iPhone/iPad app iDubber! Which is a dubstep drum machine, bit of fun really, we've done a Jumpstyle one, and HipHop (search my other apps) although the latter two are iOS only at the moment!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/idubber-lite-ultimate-dubstep/id498850257?mt=8

For you Android owners, it's on there too;

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fragranzeapps.idubberlite

And for you Windows Phone owners...It's on there too  :laugh:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/28a8c50f-0a17-47a5-a191-1ed5bf177802

...It's even on the Blackberry Playbook, but not many of you have those I doubt :(

Shameless plug I know, but it would help me a lot even the free/lite version if you rated it good! :)

Mods...Please delete if you think I am being a cheeky sod!  :grouphug:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Any Dubstep fans??
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:40:57 pm »
The reviews aren't exactly encouraging!  :confused:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:55:53 pm »
That's the app market for you Robin :( I only pointed to the free versions so no need to buy it if you don't want :evilgrin:

I think such is the way with that industry, you spend a lot of time making it, it's no Angry Birds I would be the first to admit, but takes a lot of time and effort to do, and there is no pleasing everyone, as with most things! But the people who like it never tend to write reviews often!

People rate it 1 star and say "no sound" without realising it's THEIR phone that is on mute mode, but yet never come back to rate it once they work it out (if they do or even read the description where I remind them to ensure it's not in silent mode!)

...Think of it a bit like Tripadvisor!  :grin:

A great example is the Duplo app, it's free, no advertising, yet gets hammered with a fair few 1 star reviews, yet my little boy loves it, and I think it's a great app and would happily pay for it!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:58:34 pm by SeanyK »

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:10:47 am »
i feel the  "loop" plays isnt too obvious you can scroll up and down and play button is slightly squashed. I expected to be able press record, say press the clap in a "funky" beat and then loop that and move onto adding more fx.

The ability to slide between screens rather than pressing an arrow would be a swish update too, maybe showing the same dots the iphone shows to tell you which of the million home screens your on.
i dont understand why some of the text is grey and some white?

Spacing between beats is good and even on my 3gs reaction times are good.

I like the concept and would pay if features like the above were included.

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 12:18:13 am »
Hi Ed,

The recording is something that is definitely a planned update, and the screen swipe, yet again, very nice idea and I appreciate that, always willing to listen to feedback it helps a lot  :happy2: thankyou.

With regards to the text, it was because the girl is wearing a white dress, and the text was invisible on that area, looks a bit odd I agree, I changed it to a different colour for the Windows phone version so may update this one with different text colour & try and implement the swipe, then look to the recording function.

But I do appreciate it mate, so thankyou  :happy2:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 01:31:45 am »
Hi Ed,

The recording is something that is definitely a planned update, and the screen swipe, yet again, very nice idea and I appreciate that, always willing to listen to feedback it helps a lot  :happy2: thankyou.

With regards to the text, it was because the girl is wearing a white dress, and the text was invisible on that area, looks a bit odd I agree, I changed it to a different colour for the Windows phone version so may update this one with different text colour & try and implement the swipe, then look to the recording function.

But I do appreciate it mate, so thankyou  :happy2:

i always appreciate feedback on my work so i always assume others do too. End of the day you might make the next draw something  :grin: Look back on this thread and buy me a golf R haha.

But the record function is certainly going to be an awesome addition and can see many people using it.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 07:42:00 am »
Without the ability to record it's surely merely a toy.

And then if you can record, isn't its quality severely limited by the standard of the sounds you have sampled in the App?

I think this is more the sort of App which works best:   http://www.korg.com/mediaplayer.aspx?md=4418&pd=577
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:45:33 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SeanyK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 10:37:17 am »
Look back on this thread and buy me a golf R haha.

:grin: Fair play though  :grin:

Robin, perhaps, but it is definitely aimed at a pick up and mess about with type app, not a pro-audio app like the Korg, the Korg is priced at a whopping £13.99 so I do not want to think how much(and how many staff) development / design has gone into that one - but recording multiple sources at once is a massive job to program - definitely out of the scope of someone learning like myself...Maybe one day though! :smiley:

It is, although they are good samples (most of them) and it's a lot more fun when you plug an aux cable into the device and play through speakers  :evilgrin: