Make a donation

Author Topic: VW incentives to buy a MK6 Golf  (Read 2518 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
VW incentives to buy a MK6 Golf
« on: June 14, 2012, 05:47:55 am »
Hi can anyone help , I am about to order my R this week and have been asked to check  if there are any incentives to buy the last of the mk6 models, I have looked this morning and found some £1500 contribution if you buy a Blue Motion and 3 yr service pack for £99.

Does anyone know if anything is applicable to the GTI range ,

I normally just pay cash but as the discounts seam small Id consider financing £3500 over 3 years if the manufacturer gives £1500 towards finance option cars and the £99 service , it would make the payments by my calculation around £65pcm.

This in my simplistic mind would be like getting a extra £1500 plus a saving on the service pack of £230 a extra £1730 off the car that I could spend on more extras.

I just emailed VW but thought the informed on here would know so it would be quicker .
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:52:11 am by scooba »

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
Re: VW incentives to buy a MK6 Golf
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 07:37:57 am »
I'm not sure, but I think VW only allow a maximum deposit of 30%...

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 08:00:05 am »
The GTi sells itself tbh, ud prob b lucky to get £500 off! U suggest an R initially, do u mean a Golf R?

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 08:10:15 am »
I was told to expect no more than 3 or 4% off when I bought a new car for someone else for the new 12 plate.  But I ended up with more than 10% off, on a car with a four month lead time.

I just went to three different dealers and asked for their best price.  I didn't waste their time with test drives or trade ins, just printed off my desired spec and walked in with it.  They all say that they don't want to get into a dutch auction, but they can't stop themselves getting drawn in and undercutting each other.
Top tip - keep it very friendly.  If they like you, they'll try a bit harder for you.  Be patient, and when they eventually do pull out, you know it's because they're no longer making enough profit.  Then sign quickly, before they change their mind!

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline brough74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 10:02:23 am »
Right the bad news first, ordering for the Golf R offically finished yesterday (13/06/12)  as i went and ordered one :)

Approx 4 month leadtime.

Not much off really but got GAP for nothing

30% is the maximum for PCP

3 years servicing is £329 i think
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:56:34 am by brough74 »
PEARL DIAMOND BLACK 3dr GTI
HEATED LEATHER,MULTI FUNCTION WHEEL,
18” MONZA ALLOYS, XENON HEADLIGHTS, FLAT TYRE INDICATOR
LUX PACK AND WINTER PACK
SHARAN AERIAL, GTI TAX DISC HOLDER, R32 REAR LIGHTS
VW RACING FRONT SPOILER

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 10:52:07 am »
Right the bad news first, ordering for the olf R finished yesterday offically (13/06/12)

Makes sense with the Mk 7 looming on the horizon.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 06:34:39 am »
Hi

I have a build slot . I also have 8.9% discount , I get the PCP thing and would only take it if there was £1500 manufacturer support  otherwise ill just pay cash , The £500 discount mentioned above is daft as I received £3430 against the Golf R .The last two GTis I purchased were discounted at 10% so over the years not a lot has changed .

Interesting as my VW garage told me all the deals could change in the next quarter being 1st July till end of Sept ,So I will watch this very closely,

The 30 % maximum is perfect for me  id go 10% over 3 yrs so it would make the payment around £100 pcm  plus 4.9% apr and if VW are paying £1500 would then drop the PCM down to around £55 also £99 for 3 yr servicing very cool.

I will let you know how I get on .

Scooba

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 06:39:55 am »
I think he meant the deposit is 30%.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 06:54:17 am »
I think he meant the deposit is 30%.

Thats would be like £10k fook that the interest could /would wipe out the savings , Any one care to do the maths ? I can get 3.2% interest instant access So around £900 over 3 yrs .I guess if they give £1500 and a £230 discount on the servicing .thats £1730. Getting confused here

They would charge me £10k minus £1500 from VW = 8.5k + 4.9% is that around 9k with interest so what would I save .

Sounds like a load off hassle ,

If some one who knows how the maths here works cares to explain I would be very grateful.

What if i did have the pcp thing and decided to settle up early could I do this ?

Thanks Scooba

Offline Vdub13799

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 09:00:25 am »
If you have enough money to by the car in cash outright and you already have discounts just buy the car? It sounds like you don't have to worry about money if you have 30k in cash?  :confused:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 03:17:35 pm »
New finance leglislation was passed i am led to beleive by my VW dealer. If you now have a PCP agreement, you can make overpayments and there is no limit to how much you can pay.

You can choose to have any lump sums paid, taken off your balloon payment, or off your regular monthly payments.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 06:39:40 pm »
New finance leglislation was passed i am led to beleive by my VW dealer. If you now have a PCP agreement, you can make overpayments and there is no limit to how much you can pay.

You can choose to have any lump sums paid, taken off your balloon payment, or off your regular monthly payments.

So I can get this pcp thing  and then just pay like 1k pcm for 8 months to reduce the interest payments and also max the manufacturers support . Like the sound off this 

IS there any experts on this ??

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »
Why are you trying to work out finance if you have the cash to pay for it?

Surely the interest rates on finance will outweigh the interest you will receive on your savings...
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 12:18:21 am »
Why are you trying to work out finance if you have the cash to pay for it?

Surely the interest rates on finance will outweigh the interest you will receive on your savings...

Simple really . some people can't afford cash so VW are contributing £1500 and 3 years servicing for £99.  so my mate who works for BMW  said before you commit check what is available in the way of Maufactures support.

It seams if I borrow 30% around £10k VW will contribute £1500 also a service pack for £99 instead of £329  so together it would be another saving of £1729 , I don't o the finance thing and was hoping some one would be able to help. But here goes  if I take out finance for £10,000  then VW assist by contributing £1500 I finance £8500 @ 4.9% by my maths its around £400 interest in the first year.,If i pay clear it in year one  the cost to me is £400 interest but VW have given me £1729 extra towards the car minus £400 saves me a extra £1329   this  makes me happy and Id spend most of that on more extras  .

So the reason for asking is have I got this right , I was told today They Think the GTi s are not in the deal but maybe from the first of july things may change . And by leaving £8500 earning 3.2% i get another £250 interest so even if I pay them £400 in charges this is off set by the £250 I would make so the real cost is £150 so in effect id be around £1500 to the good .

Offline Vdub13799

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 10:44:04 am »
 Somebody shoot me please!!!!!!!