Make a donation

Author Topic: WOT box  (Read 1949 times)

Offline DaveyCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
WOT box
« on: June 14, 2012, 10:32:43 am »
Hi, I'm looking about getting a WOT (wide open throttle) 2 step box for my car.

Wondering can anyone recommend me one and preferrably with links on where to purchase them from.

Cheers :)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
Re: WOT box
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:34:15 am »
just buy them directly from the wot box manufacturers they have a website - ship from america

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 10:34:45 am »

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 01:31:24 pm »
Alot of talk about them on SCN, aparently they can cause major problems
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:14:07 pm »
I think they only cause problems if you wire them incorrectly and or sit there for hours on end with the launch on or wide open throttle

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 03:22:30 pm »
I think they only cause problems if you wire them incorrectly and or sit there for hours on end with the launch on or wide open throttle

A few engines have already been claimed by WOT boxes, and after careful consideration and informed opinion Poverty has just decided against it for his TTRS build.
Golf .:R DSG - GIAC Stage 2

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 03:46:08 pm »

A few engines have already been claimed by WOT boxes, and after careful consideration and informed opinion Poverty has just decided against it for his TTRS build.

probably by people thinking they can sit on it all day without effect - the idea behind the product was in principle quarter mile runs. All the product does is retard the ignition giving you a held rev limit. If you only use it occasionally and or rarely then it wouldnt do your car any damage. If you say there day after day, light after light and always held your foot down for a lot longer than necessary then of course your going to damage your engine.

at the end of the day its meant for more this use:

quick launch control and then away he goes - not sitting on it for ages revving the crap out of the engine.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 03:49:05 pm »
another thing as well - its not a anti lag - so you won't damage your turbo either which i think is another misconception about wot-box, plus with the greatest of respects to poverty - his probably going to be a little more nervous because of what previously happened to his TTRS, which is fair enough, so if someone was to say "wot box is going to ruin your new ttrs build" then of course he will pull out from using it.

what forum is his build on btw? ukmivs?

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 04:03:26 pm »
another thing as well - its not a anti lag - so you won't damage your turbo either which i think is another misconception about wot-box, plus with the greatest of respects to poverty - his probably going to be a little more nervous because of what previously happened to his TTRS, which is fair enough, so if someone was to say "wot box is going to ruin your new ttrs build" then of course he will pull out from using it.

what forum is his build on btw? ukmivs?

SCN mate.

See your points, but there does appear to a trend of engine failures.
Golf .:R DSG - GIAC Stage 2