Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Stage 2 Vs APR Stage 2  (Read 11540 times)

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Revo Stage 2 Vs APR Stage 2
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 09:06:40 pm »
Nope! Ive wasted nothing. It was FREEEEEE....

As it was stated in the original thread. Awesome are happy to consider everyones individual case. In my case i was granted the option of having my car re flashed with the new software and because i wasnt completly satisfied with Revo n have been previously with APR i decided to go ahead with the recommendation from mark.

The figures arent mind bogglingly (made up word) different i agree but looking at the graphs the curve is far more rounded and the drive is far less of a toil.
Like i said il happlily get the graphs up wen i get chance.

Lee M

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 11:06:34 pm »
I have no experience of APR, their maps could well be better than Revo, but I dont think Revo will take it lying down, their new Stage 2+ map may well be as a fightback against the surge of APR popularity.

I think a lot of it comes down to your local trusted tuner. If the person I trust to do all the work on my car ditched Revo for APR I would probably trust his judgment, just as people who swear by JKM, Statlllers, PDT would even though part of the reason could be a financial carrot waved at the tuner in question.

You can still only push the TFSI so far before it goes pop regardless of which map you have so we may as well all agree that the re map is still best bang for buck regardless of which one you have  :drinking:

Hopefully not too long to wait for the new REVO stg2+ software :-)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 11:21:31 pm »
Saint steve the APR code drives completely different to that of Revo it holds high rpm power much better.

From what I've been told, the things Revo are changing in their updated map is basically copying APR's map, they are attempting to mimic APR's high rpm power holding and are turning it down a bit in the lower rev ranges.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 11:48:02 pm »
Saint steve the APR code drives completely different to that of Revo it holds high rpm power much better.

From what I've been told, the things Revo are changing in their updated map is basically copying APR's map, they are attempting to mimic APR's high rpm power holding and are turning it down a bit in the lower rev ranges.

Lol.  I don't think anyone knows all the facts and the ultimate truths.

The APR software is good, the Revo software is good.  These days they all make around the same power.

Revo give linear throttle as an option on most of their maps, APR took a lot of work to agree to put it onto Mike's car which now drives very well.  Imo the map on full throttle was good, but undrivable on part throttle.

One fact I can state is that the new versions of Revo's maps were being developed long before APR came back over here.  I've had a version on my own car for a long time now.

Pov, which codes are you referring to?

Debates like this are good, but they do tend to end up with biased opinions.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
Re: Re: Re: Revo Stage 2 Vs APR Stage 2
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 09:07:56 am »
:popcornsoda:

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 09:54:04 am »

Lol.  I don't think anyone knows all the facts and the ultimate truths.

The APR software is good, the Revo software is good.  These days they all make around the same power.

Revo give linear throttle as an option on most of their maps, APR took a lot of work to agree to put it onto Mike's car which now drives very well.  Imo the map on full throttle was good, but undrivable on part throttle.

One fact I can state is that the new versions of Revo's maps were being developed long before APR came back over here.  I've had a version on my own car for a long time now.

Debates like this are good, but they do tend to end up with biased opinions.

....Very much agreed  :happy2:

Unless we have a particularly bad experience each one of us will invariably think that what we have chosen is the best. Afterall, why else would you choose it?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 10:03:56 am »

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 10:19:10 am »
Expect to see lots of progress from both protagonists. Affordable tuning is on its way in my opinion.

It's six and two threes at the moment between them, expect both parties trying to take the initiative with hardware soon.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2012, 12:04:00 pm »

Expect to see lots of progress from both protagonists. Affordable tuning is on its way in my opinion.

It's six and two threes at the moment between them, expect both parties trying to take the initiative with hardware soon.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 04:44:42 am »
It's all very interesting points people have made here both from APR and Revo stand point.
I have not tried Revo (mainly due non existence in New Zealand) I am running K03 APR myself.

something interesting to note, anyone that has paid for an APR remap. They can go ahead a buy any other tuners remap too.
Other than paying a labour fee (dependent on shop). Any car can be reflashed back to APR remap. So in essence the remap is free the labour is dependent on the actual shop you take your car too.
At least this is what I was been lead to believe, for the past 2+ years.

So all those customers that jumped ship from APR to Revo when Awesome changed partnerships. Could very well get their cars back from Revo to APR.
It really depends on if Awesome want to charge a labour fee.

Will be watching this thread for the outcome both from Dyno Graphs and boost graphs.