Make a donation

Author Topic: 5 Reasons to avoid your local hand wash place  (Read 9009 times)

VW_ed30

Re: 5 Reasons to avoid your local hand wash place
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 10:16:00 pm »
The wee bro got a maguiars G220 a while ago, n when i got my motor it was worse than that n cleaned up a treat!!

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 04:42:33 pm »
ouch!!  :confused: what did they use? a 10 year old spunge which they had used to clean flags with?! thats shocking! feel for you dude!  :sick:

Rainford Accounting Services
Tel. 07875505637
Email. jrainfordmaat@gmail.com

Offline heady2010

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 08:22:32 pm »
fair play, that is probably the best looking black gti ive seen cleaned up, did you get a detail on it or clean it yourself? did u do a cleaning thread on it?

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 09:33:09 pm »
Cheers dude :happy2:

Well the pic was taken after I gave it a pre winter detail and I didnt do a thread but I used Werkstatt Prime polish then 2 coats of collinite 476 wax. I will be doing a full write up when I manage to free up some time to tackle the above damage :happy2: Until then the car isn't getting cleaned as I cant bear to look at the scratches :sad1:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline LMJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »
Christ! That looks terrible :indifferent:. But it's inevitable at any public washing facility / service!

Golf GT Sport TDi

Offline Chunkyjh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 09:29:34 am »
W**kers. Just a cash business for laundering drug money. They have no interest in clean cars

Offline uz

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »
I had similar when my VW dealer washed mine despite me telling them not to on several occasions. The guy laughed when I showed him. You only had to look around the car park to see the state of the other cars to understand why.

Feel for you Ben. Trip to one of the detailers on here in the near future.  :smiley:
That is outrageous; how can someone have the audacity to laugh? VW dealers, in my experiences, have shocking service though, so we shouldn't be surprised. The problem with VW cars is that 99% of them are white-good cars, so the dealers treat the cars and the people who buy them like crap.
Steel Grey GTI Ed.30 - 18" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Eibach SportLine Springs - RNS510 - Bluetooth Adapter Package - Winter Pack - Open Grilles

SOLD: Candy White GTI - 18" Monza 2's - RNS510 - Premium Bluetooth - Winter Pack - Xenons

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 11:22:15 pm »
And there was me thinking I sold to an enthusiast who would take great care of her (not him). Plus I know what its liek to get lazy much other stuff in life to do.

I know it easy to flame the car washer but they don't know any better and I suppose never intended to inflict that damage. Still with a DA some compound and refining polish it can be put back to its former glossy metallic beating glory.

That polish residue in the shuts not so much a bad thing now eh?  :evilgrin:

GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)