Make a donation

Author Topic: problem with a sale?  (Read 1882 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
problem with a sale?
« on: June 15, 2012, 03:43:46 pm »
hi guys - as you will have noticed i had some wheels up for sale a few weeks ago

agreed a price with someone (not naming names, tho you could probably work it out  :rolleye:) who gave me a deposit. he said he'd be on holiday but he'll pick them up when he comes back.

it's been over 3 weeks now, and i've PM'ed him twice but no reply. he has been active on the forum in that time.

selling the wheels again shouldn't be a problem as i had loads of interest in them so should i return the deposit and relist them, or wait a bit longer? i'm not in a massive rush for the cash i just want them out my flat!
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
Re: problem with a sale?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:03:43 pm »
Keep the deposit and move on?  :signLOL:
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:04:12 pm »
I dont know who you're talking about, but I wouldn't return the deposit.
The person that gave you the deposit gave it in good faith that you would hold onto the wheels and not sell them while they were away.  You should have agreed a timeframe, and seeing as you didn't, you need to give them some time now to close the deal.  If they don't close the deal in that time then relist the wheels for sale and keep the deposit for the time wasted and storage of the wheels.  :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 04:17:41 pm »
I wouldn't keep the deposit because we hadn't agreed a time frame so I would be cancelling the sale, not him. I'm just wondering if it's out of order for me to do that
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 04:24:34 pm »
No, not at all.
If I gave somebody a deposit I wouldn't expect to get the deposit back if I never went through with the sale!!!!
Otherwise what do you think the point of a deposit is????  :confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 04:25:46 pm »
why not send a polite pm stating that who ever has "purchased" the wheels has another week to pay otherwise they forfeit the sale and the deposit.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 04:30:22 pm »
He paid the deposit on the 17th May. Thats a full on calendar month. Taking the piss. If they wont respond to you, just put them back up for sale.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 04:32:38 pm »
He paid the deposit on the 17th May. Thats a full on calendar month. Taking the piss. If they wont respond to you, just put them back up for sale.

Also says he was active this morning so bit odd he hasn't replied.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 05:25:19 pm »
He's clearly wanting them but maybe doesn't have all the money together yet.

I'd be inclined to do him a favour and wait, but then I'm not hard up for money. The last thing I'd do is keep the money and tell him tough tits without discussing it first - give him a week and tell him he'll get his money back minus a small fee for your trouble.

Years ago I was selling a car and someone placed a deposit on it, circumstances changed and he couldn't go through with the deal - so I refunded him and let it go. Years later he interviewed me for a job and instantly remembered me. Treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself.

There's some hard faced people on here sometimes, and I mentally note every one of you so as not to deal with you, buying or selling.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:26:57 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 05:28:43 pm »

I'd be inclined to do him a favour and wait, but then I'm not hard up for money. The last thing I'd do is keep the money and tell him tough tits without discussing it first - give him a week and tell him he'll get his money back minus a small fee for your trouble.

Years ago I was selling a car and someone placed a deposit on it, circumstances changed and he couldn't go through with the deal - so I refunded him and let it go. Years later he interviewed me for a job and instantly remembered me. Treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself.

There's some hard faced people on here sometimes, and I mentally note every one of you so as not to deal with you, buying or selling.

Thats fair enough in most circumstances Mike. But common courtesy (which costs nothing) is at least to reply, state you can no longer afford them, or even ask for them to be held onto for just a wee bit longer and apologise.

To not reply to multiple PMs over the course of 1 month is just plain ignorant. And im surprised the OP waited this long before shouting about it on the forum.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 06:15:16 pm »
Name and shame.....or retain the deposit. No person would expect a seller to retain goods for a month. Failure to pay in a month would indicate that they either don't want them or cannot afford them. Have you asked those specific questions of them ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »

.... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: Absolutely spot on!

A deposit isn't automatically non-returnable so you shouldn't assume so. These matters need clarifying and spelling out at the time.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 06:54:15 pm »
thanks for the suggestions people

the idea of keeping the deposit doesn't sit right with me - we didn't agree a time frame, so it'd be me pulling out of the sale and hence i have no reason to keep his deposit.

i'll PM him again, if i don't get any reply i'll put them back up for sale

i'm not gonna name and shame because he's not a scammer/threat to other forum members. also if you're that interested a bit of detective work would reveal who it is :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »

the idea of keeping the deposit doesn't sit right with me - we didn't agree a time frame, so it'd be me pulling out of the sale and hence i have no reason to keep his deposit.

i'm not gonna name and shame because he's not a scammer/threat to other forum members. also if you're that interested a bit of detective work would reveal who it is :happy2:

....I think you should be applauded for doing the honourable thing  :drinking:  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline bakili

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 07:06:58 pm »

....I think you should be applauded for doing the honourable thing  :drinking:  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

+1
 :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: