Make a donation

Author Topic: Shure headphones/  (Read 3084 times)

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
Shure headphones/
« on: June 18, 2012, 05:45:34 pm »
Has anyone used or owned a pair of shure headphones?  Thinking of getting a pair.  Are they worth the money?
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Shure headphones/
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:02:02 pm »
Depends which ones you're looking at?

Fish

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 06:09:13 pm »
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:21:03 pm by driver rider »
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:13:12 pm »
For in ears I've always gone Klispch X10's, but plenty of reviews that give good ratings.

Fish

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »
So your not a fan of shure headphones?

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 06:58:04 pm »
I had a set a while back, talking original chunky ipod days so more than 7 years ago, they used the be 'the' headphones to have but there wasn't much high end competition back then like there is today..

Anyhow they were good, but did protude the ears quite a bit, though Im sure they are much sleeker nowadays. Another thing I remember was the ear buds hurting my ears if wearing for prolonged periods, they do however do custom ear buds if your willing to pay extra. So worth trying a set on first.

I just wear some cheapy ones myself now though, after losing or stepping on the expenisve ones and spending far too many nights in techno/house clubs during my yoof to notice the difference anymore..

Decent brand though with alot more crudentials than the likes of Beats etc

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 07:41:13 pm »
Probably overkill for your needs but I have a pair of Shure SRH940 (and also Sennheiser HD280) for studio recording/monitoring but I also use them for pleasure. The Shure SRH940 are up to the same standard as headphones costing £1,000+ according to professionals. Shure make high standard audio products... Period!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »
Never said I wasn't a fan, I asked what type you are after information on, as you never said. The pair I had were the headphones and not the in ears. The model also are long gone from their range. For full sized I've currently got some Sennheiser's.

Fish

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tb1hdv5p3iort0i0olkjcjap2i&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 08:19:27 pm »
Has anyone used or owned a pair of shure headphones?  Thinking of getting a pair.  Are they worth the money?

Do you listen to mostly MP3s?? Or CDs?

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 09:00:30 pm »
I had a set a while back, talking original chunky ipod days so more than 7 years ago, they used the be 'the' headphones to have but there wasn't much high end competition back then like there is today..

Anyhow they were good, but did protude the ears quite a bit, though Im sure they are much sleeker nowadays. Another thing I remember was the ear buds hurting my ears if wearing for prolonged periods, they do however do custom ear buds if your willing to pay extra. So worth trying a set on first.

I just wear some cheapy ones myself now though, after losing or stepping on the expenisve ones and spending far too many nights in techno/house clubs during my yoof to notice the difference anymore..

Decent brand though with alot more crudentials than the likes of Beats etc

Which other high end brands do you recommend?  How do you go about getting the custom ear buds?   They seem very small nowadays the in ear headphones.
Probably overkill for your needs but I have a pair of Shure SRH940 (and also Sennheiser HD280) for studio recording/monitoring but I also use them for pleasure. The Shure SRH940 are up to the same standard as headphones costing £1,000+ according to professionals. Shure make high standard audio products... Period!

You sound like a shure convert.  Im actually looking for the "in ear" headphones but thanks for the post.  much appreciated.

Never said I wasn't a fan, I asked what type you are after information on, as you never said. The pair I had were the headphones and not the in ears. The model also are long gone from their range. For full sized I've currently got some Sennheiser's.

Fish

Im sorry for the confusion.  I'm looking at in ear headphones. I plan on using them with my IPods and also with iPhone day to day. 

So I would like an iPhone compatible remote.  Is the remote any good?  I want to know if the headphones are durable as I've had various senhessiers and some have lasted a matter of months with day to day use (they were genuine).  I returned a pair twice within a year.  Amazon ended up giving me back my money.  Is the sound quality really like listening to all your favourite music again for the first time.  Or is this just marketing hyperbole.  I mean are they really worth the money.  Ive been reading some rather effusive.
Has anyone used or owned a pair of shure headphones?  Thinking of getting a pair.  Are they worth the money?

Do you listen to mostly MP3s?? Or CDs?

I listen to MP3's though my music is burnt from CD's I plan on putting all my music onto computer in an unccompressed format.  In time I will set up a dedicated CD system at home.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tb1hdv5p3iort0i0olkjcjap2i&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 09:18:11 pm »
I honestly think that you wouldnt be able to tell a difference between the shure ones and a pair on sennheiser CX300ii. For 30 quid the CX300ii are brilliant, and if you loose them it doesnt matter.  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 09:36:47 pm »
Im always sceptical about in ears that dont seal your ear. Without the seal the bass frequencies just don't seems to come through.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 09:45:33 pm »
These have the most bass I have heard in a headphone. They are orsum Rich.

I hate the ear canal types they just irritate me but these are sweet.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 09:48:58 pm »
These have the most bass I have heard in a headphone. They are orsum Rich.

I hate the ear canal types they just irritate me but these are sweet.

Yeah i seem to remember you saying a while back about you not liking the sealed ones...