Make a donation

Author Topic: Shure headphones/  (Read 3085 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Shure headphones/
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 09:50:27 pm »

Im always sceptical about in ears that dont seal your ear. Without the seal the bass frequencies just don't seems to come through.

....Not just seal your ear but are what's called 'closed back' headphones - You want to hear the whole range of frequencies, but sorry, I'm talking recording studio gear not out-n-about with iPod.

Too much bass biass is dumb unless you can also hear the rest. Too many headphone manufacturers either pander to bass or make them too bright. If the original sound is well mixed and engineered then a good headphone will deliver the same - Solid driving bass and all.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 09:53:56 pm »
I tried them and the sound was good but I will say the MX980's are at least equal if not better at bass reproduction.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 09:54:41 pm »
They are also bigger than all the others I tried in the Sennheiser range.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a7q51ivgn1p15cke2ir570b8ql&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 10:05:31 pm »

Im always sceptical about in ears that dont seal your ear. Without the seal the bass frequencies just don't seems to come through.

....Not just seal your ear but are what's called 'closed back' headphones - You want to hear the whole range of frequencies, but sorry, I'm talking recording studio gear not out-n-about with iPod.

Too much bass biass is dumb unless you can also hear the rest. Too many headphone manufacturers either pander to bass or make them too bright. If the original sound is well mixed and engineered then a good headphone will deliver the same - Solid driving bass and all.

Im talking in ear hear Robin... not over the ear closed back.

The sennheiser CX300ii are not "Bass Heavy", but you can actually hear the bass as opposed to many of the other in ear headphones which dont seal

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 01:32:24 pm »
I've got a pair of in ear Shures (About £100) and had them several years. They are great quality and the wires/cables are extra thick and longer. They are difficult to get used to as they fit differently to others. Once you get used to them they are great. Would i buy another pair ? Probably , but haven't tested seen any others i like.
To be honest for mobile listening and in ear i would not spend much , have got some iphone earphones and some Sony ones and can't really tell the difference audibly.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:55 pm »
I do like Sennheiser's. I have the HD595's for home use and the CX500's for use with my phone/mp3 player.

I'm not a massive audiophile but love the 595's and the CX500 do a decent job on the move (these are an old model so would go for the latest in the range) and as Rich said not a massive issue if you break/lose them.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »
I have a set if Shure noise cancelling ear buds. They are fantastic. Had them a couple of years. They were about £69 but managed to get them reduced on Play.com to £19.

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 06:10:26 pm »
For in ears I've always gone Klispch X10's, but plenty of reviews that give good ratings.

Fish

i had the Klipsch x10's best earphone i ever had too bad they were broken by my sister in 2 months so i got some sennheiser cx500's and some denon c351 both are good as each other

shure products are really good from what i have heard but these days everyone seem to have dre beats
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 01:39:18 am »
thanks for all the replies.  all I want is a a pair of quality in ear headphones that I can use with my iPhone but also will reproduce quality sound.  I need a remote as well. I really don't mind paying for quality just want to make sure that shure headphones actually worth the investment.  I won't lose the earphones as they'll go everywhere with me!
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 01:53:12 am »
I use Shure buds and the sound is excellent, as long as they're positioned correctly. They'll be bass light if not inserted fully. Just be careful if out and about as I've nearly been mown down by unheard cars a coupla times! :surprised:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 09:10:53 am »

Just be careful if out and about as I've nearly been mown down by unheard cars a coupla times! :surprised:

....Like I was the other day (without any headphones/earbuds) by a feckin' Toyota Pious - I hate them!! The only plus side was that I got the opportunity to lecture the driver about dust-to-dust and why they weren't so environmentally friendly. He and his passenger put up no resistance other than to say he bought it for its fuel consumption, which is only about 40-something in reality (according to him).

I occasionally see people wearing headphones/earbuds while driving! Surely that's illegal?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 10:04:03 am »
I occasionally see people wearing headphones/earbuds while driving! Surely that's illegal?

I thought so too but it could be a phone kit.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 10:25:08 am »

I thought so too but it could be a phone kit.

....Would a phone kit be using both ears, Ian? - Very bad indeed if so, IMO. And I think a hands-free voice-in-the-cabin would be safer than a single ear bud phone kit.