Make a donation

Author Topic: More thumbs up for R Tech  (Read 3327 times)

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
More thumbs up for R Tech
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:47:37 pm »
A big thanks goes out to yet more people, namely Nick, Jim and Ben at R Tech! Arrived with them this morning in gorgeous sun, and after sum initial checks on their behalf when my GTi was on the ramps, Jim then proceeded to crucify my car, well I say that because when it was revving on their RR I did for 1 minute think it was going to explode, lol!! With only the BCS exhaust and Twintake the car was giving a reading of 210bhp, which was satisfactory I guess! Then after giving Ben sum advice bout his stag do, Jim then ragged it again and after sum wondrous tweaking by Nick, it got to 256bhp and 301 lbs of torque, but added that it was kinda struggling a bit more than he would have liked to reach that!! Nick has advised that I perhaps replace my N75, as well as my thermostat and coolant temperature bits and bobs, then bring it bak for another dyno run in a few wks, see what else can be perhaps gained!? The initial spike could b bettered by all accounts! I will get these parts changed alrite, my thermostat isnt in full working order methinks!? To be honest thou, the car is running a dream now! My journey bak was exciting to say the least, much more pull in every gear, and add to that the sound my Powervalve exhaust lets off and I was 1 HAPPY MAN!!! Not only that but my mpg has also gone bak up again! :)On a finishing note, does anyone have any experience of wat a new N75 mite bring to the table, if anything?? In conclusion then, if you want to have an excellent custom map, go to R Tech, you wont b disappointed!!

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Re: More thumbs up for R Tech
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 08:24:57 pm »
My eyes hurt reading that.
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:32:24 pm »
Apologies, sent from my phone, havent quite mastered paragraphs, lol, if thats what u mean!?

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:34:45 pm »
R-tech FTW  :happy2:

FAO Nick - have I earnt commission yet?  :grin:

210bhp sounds a bit low for those mods, mine made 210bhp with just a K&N panel and exhaust pre-cat removed on that dyno, and 248bhp & 311lb/ft post mapping

Let us know the results when you get those parts done :smiley:

Was it run on 99RON super unleaded?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:39:00 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »
Yes, use V Power religiously! Mine is Stage 1.5, is that wat you have??
Ref the 210, yes, I thought that was a bit low too, but after 7 yrs perhaps my car had lost sum power!? 256bhp for a Stage 2 is not too bad I guess, but you have more torque than me, clearly more of a spike!? :(

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:51:03 pm »
Yes, use V Power religiously! Mine is Stage 1.5, is that wat you have??
Ref the 210, yes, I thought that was a bit low too, but after 7 yrs perhaps my car had lost sum power!? 256bhp for a Stage 2 is not too bad I guess, but you have more torque than me, clearly more of a spike!? :(

My graph is posted here by Nick, wouldn't say there is a torque spike though. Made a very smooth graph on JKM's dyno too!

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40255.msg496998.html#msg496998

256bhp sounds fine for a stage 2 bearing in mind Red Robin's generally only makes about that at dyno days with the same sort of mods as yours  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Dan.b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 09:55:38 pm »
Great figures! Is yours a manual? If so how is the clutch taking it?

I'm goin to get my pre cat removed, neuspeed p flo and then head of to R-tec :-)

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 10:04:55 pm »
Yes its a manual, and TOUCHING WOOD, its handling it fine, no different to how it normally feels tbh and long may that b the case! All I know is that when flooring it in every gear the speedo is up and down quicker than Jordan's knickers!! If I can manage any more by changing the N75 I will b even happier! ;)

Offline badbwoy27

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 10:06:11 pm »
Wouldnt worry about the clutch I'm stage 1 Rtech map and have 256 bhp with 295 lbs of torque, and my standard clutch hasn't missed a beat. :happy2:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 10:07:03 pm »
Sorry, meant Rev Counter, not speedo, lol!

Offline Dan.b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 10:09:13 pm »
Music to my ears!

Badbwoy27 - what mods are you running with your stage 1?

Offline badbwoy27

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:27 pm »
Itg, pre cat removed with r32 style cat back powerflow exhaust.i was the highest stage 1 nick had seen on his rollers from what nick told me.remember all cars are different and believe me it's not all about peak power, as I found out.(long story)it's all about the curves just guess I fell lucky. :driver:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »
yes, they are very impressive figures, i just about have more torque on a Stage 2!!  :sad1:

Offline badbwoy27

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 10:37:59 pm »
Like I said wouldn't get caught up on figures it's how the car drives and I bet on the road your car is a lot more aggressive than mine. :evilgrin:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 10:49:35 pm »
well certainly a lot more aggressive than what it was with same mods and Bluefin Stage 1, so yes, i am well chuffed tbh!! Couple that with my new exhaust sound, and, indeed twintake, its certainly been a busy time for me, not to mention expensive!! As i only had these mods done on Saturday, and the custom map today, am i fooling myself to think that in a few weeks when eveything beds in so-to-speak, that those figures may indeed change!!??  :driver: